Refused a tattoo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Bio med chips are no good for first aiders - great for paramedics. But I'd prefer the first skilled person on the scene to know as much info as possible. That's where old school bracelets work really well.

I have the old school bracelet. And I was trained as a 1st responder. They work exactly the same; the bracelet has my membership number and nothing more. The 1st responder (i.e. paramedic or more likely an E.M.T.) has to call Medic-Alert and have them read my medical info (as stated before, only so much info will fit on a small tag; there's not even close to enough room for a complete list of my meds)

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I have the old school bracelet. And I was trained as a 1st responder. They work exactly the same; the bracelet has my membership number and nothing more. The 1st responder (i.e. paramedic or more likely an E.M.T.) has to call Medic-Alert and have them read my medical info (as stated before, only so much info will fit on a small tag; there's not even close to enough room for a complete list of my meds)

Well in that case - we need a phone app and an RFID chip somewhere intimate

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Bio-med chips are great in theory, but once put into practice they would be abused. As in companies doing health screens, so no one with families history of bad illness would get the job with health and pension cover. They will hire who is going to cost the company less. Simple buisness decision. I'm against bio chips for sure

I'd love to know where you got all this information:rolleyes:

If the chip only gave basics like name, name of GB, known alergies and blood type that would be a big help and potentially life saving.

Another option is a national I.D. card with photo and full medical history tied into a national DNA bank too, I'm all for that as well. Not popular with the conspiracy theorists/paranoid/tin foil hat brigade though.

Midnitehound

Silver Trader
Jun 8, 2011
AREA 51

If the chip only gave basics like name, name of GB, known alergies and blood type that would be a big help and potentially life saving.

Another option is a national I.D. card with photo and full medical history tied into a national DNA bank too, I'm all for that as well. Not popular with the conspiracy theorists/paranoid/tin foil hat brigade though.

If only 6 million Jews had been a little more paranoid! Their tats didn't work out so well for them. There are a hell of a lot more well informed students of history and current affairs than there used to be and I haven't seen many of them wearing a tin hat. I recommend 'Tragedy and Hope' by Carroll Quighley. Interesting conspiracy facts unless of course you think conspiracy doesn't exist. Katherine Albrecht's best seller 'Spy Chips' also provides the industry's self-confessed evidence of exactly where the biochip and general RFD chip corporations are wanting to go with the technology. You don't need to wear a tin hat to follow the Scientific Method, study evidence, research and develop logical supported theories. If you don't study and learn from History then you are doomed to repeat it.

Last edited:

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else

I wonder why, sounds a little like what they were trying to achieve in East Germany everyone tagged, makes life so much easier for the ruling classes (masters)

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
An what's hard to swallow ? How long this thread has lasted with all the political overtones. !

Run Silent-Run Deep

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
I really couldn't give a rats **** if it is or it ain't myself.Politics is politics and each and all are entitled to there's! I reckon by most of the lefty **** stains opinions I'd wager they'd class myself as a racist, personally I don't but if those types were to put that label on me as is there shrill hysterical closed minded want I'd take that as a badge of honor to quite honest!

Badge of honour! You don't sound like a man of honour. You can't ever spell it! Pride in an emblem or badge is one thing, but to be proud that people think your racist is completely stupid!

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I don't like tattoo's on men, detest them on women but if your into self harm who am I to even try and stop you, purely a personal view;)

Never really considered tatts to be a form of self harm. Despite becoming more socially acceptable in recent years, tatts still seem to have a negative image, more so than that other more insidious and common form of self harm, being overweight.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
If your carrying a few extra pounds Rob and your concerned with your self image or health have you considered dieting?

The majority of folk carrying a few extra pounds have no heath issues from it, morbid obesity is a different matter of course.

For those still considering tattoos make sure the person with the needles has a dictionary
http://www.dailyfunlists.com/10-misspelled-tattoos/ Thankfully neither of my children have marked themselves with tattoos and in fact my daughter was saying she had a couple of friends who regretted having tattoos. One is saving up to pay for hers to be removed, around two thousand pounds I'm told.

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Badge of honour! You don't sound like a man of honour. You can't ever spell it! Pride in an emblem or badge is one thing, but to be proud that people think your racist is completely stupid!
:lmao::lmao: :lmao: your completely missing the point! Another thing What makes you come to that conclusion that I am not honorable???: :)

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
If only 6 million Jews had been a little more paranoid! Their tats didn't work out so well for them. There are a hell of a lot more well informed students of history and current affairs than there used to be and I haven't seen many of them wearing a tin hat. I recommend 'Tragedy and Hope' by Carroll Quighley. Interesting conspiracy facts unless of course you think conspiracy doesn't exist. Katherine Albrecht's best seller 'Spy Chips' also provides the industry's self-confessed evidence of exactly where the biochip and general RFD chip corporations are wanting to go with the technology. You don't need to wear a tin hat to follow the Scientific Method, study evidence, research and develop logical supported theories. If you don't study and learn from History then you are doomed to repeat it.

As it happens we had one family member who survived the camps, my great aunt Val, she died in 1964 from stomach cancer.

So whats the problem with I.D. cards/chips etc? Your personal data builds up the moment mommy and daddy register your birth...your in the system with no way out. Dozens of various agencies have access to a LOT of personal data about you...no big deal in the real world. Basically if your not a 'wrong doer' whats the issue. It would be nice to leave the passport at home when travelling in the EU and just take my card. It would be nice if I were seriously ill again for the emergency services to have immediate access to medical data about me; from experience as a nurse I know how long it can be to get potentially life saving information on a patient.

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
So whats the problem with I.D. cards/chips etc? Your personal data builds up the moment mommy and daddy register your birth...your in the system with no way out. Dozens of various agencies have access to a LOT of personal data about

you...no big deal in the real world. Basically if your not a 'wrong doer' whats the issue.

But at the moment I have the liberty to be anonymous if I choose in any encounter. This is a fundamental freedom. If I have a chip then that information is tied to me in a circumstance that I cannot control available to anyone with the right equipment. Available to someone in a position of power who may be the wrong doer.

Dont give away your liberty so easily when it is hard fought for at great cost.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
But at the moment I have the liberty to be anonymous if I choose in any encounter. This is a fundamental freedom. If I have a chip then that information is tied to me in a circumstance that I cannot control available to anyone with the right equipment. Available to someone in a position of power who may be the wrong doer.

Dont give away your liberty so easily when it is hard fought for at great cost.

Heck I promised myself I wouldn't get drawn into these things.

You don't really have a right to remain anonymous as the Police have the right to detain you indefinitely until they are happy with your identification as far as I'm aware.

While I can see the benefits of good I.D. means there is always the thought that it can be abused. Whether by governments or by individuals.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Actually you're the one spelling it wrong.

North American spelling, more sensible in many ways, but wrong. Not as wrong as North American pronunciation though...

Aluminium = Aloooominum
Edinburgh = Edinburo

:)

Inbuilt chips and ID Cards and Europe wide medical databases, I don't need to be paranoid to not want them I just need to look at the history of government IT and Database projects, costs, overruns, timetable extensions and cancelations.

I have my GP's mobile number in my passport, if someone over here needs to ask him a question he is happy to take the call, my passport is my ID card, here or anywhere else in the world, I don't need another one and I don't need my children to be paying taxes for all those failed projects well into the future.

:)

As for Tattoos, not for me, some might good on the right people (of either sex) but I think they mostly look like an attempt by folks trying to be something they are not (IMHO).

Last edited:

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
:lmao::lmao: :lmao: your completely missing the point! Another thing What makes you come to that conclusion that I am not honorable???: :)

Read your post again. Read how insulting it is to yourself. Someone labels you as racist, and your wear it as a badge of honour. You are the intellectual equivalent, to the single cell bacteria, that lives in the crack of one's ****

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Read your post again. Read how insulting it is to yourself. Someone labels you as racist, and your wear it as a badge of honour. You are the intellectual equivalent, to the single cell bacteria, that lives in the crack of one's ****

I tend to agree with your sentiments about the racist label. However I think it is only fair to point out that CLEM is answering politely and calmly to the responses to his posts. Perhaps anyone answering should use the same courtesy?

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
I tend to agree with your sentiments about the racist label. However I think it is only fair to point out that CLEM is answering politely and calmly to the responses to his posts. Perhaps anyone answering should use the same courtesy?

Read his post earlier in the thread. Not polite not calm just insulting to anyone of a different political perspective. I think you should read his comments.

Huon

Native
May 12, 2004
Spain
Read his post earlier in the thread. Not polite not calm just insulting to anyone of a different political perspective. I think you should read his comments.
#

I have but that is a general post not aimed at a specific person. I don't like it particularly as I'd guess it would apply to me but I don't see it as a personal insult.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE