Refused a tattoo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:lmao: :rofl:

I once had to spell out Doocotbrae Wynd to someone from the Midlands. The lady was very polite, but it was a struggle both ends.

cheers,
M

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...Thanks, Sandbender..."

No worries.

"...Being inked is a way of marking my journey,I have chosen images that at that point remind me of a stage, be it pleasant or nasty, iif they can remind me of what I should be..."

Now that sounds like a sensible reason for being inked. :)

its the same in Scotland to some extent

Garioch - pronounced Gearee
Duguid - DewKit
Bennachie -Ben Ac Hee
Milngavie - MillGuy
Kirkcudbright - KirkCooBray
Alford - Affud

Culzean Castle always catches folk out, Scottish folk included. I was once asked by some North Americans for directions for the Kincardine Bridge which when using their pronunciation came out as 'Kink' 'Er' 'Dine' Bridge. :)

And while I'm knocking the very small subset of NA citizens who make it out of their country I was once stopped in Princess Street, Edinburgh and asked for the quickest route to walk up to the castle, I described a short(ish) path and one of the party piped up with "they don't make it easy to get to do they?" "it is a castle" I replied, "that was always the plan". :)

Last edited:

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
While we are on the place name thing, one I always find amusing is:

Findochy, pronounced finichty [fin-eck-i-ty]

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
And while I'm knocking the very small subset of NA citizens who make it out of their country I was once stopped in Princess Street, Edinburgh and asked for the quickest route to walk up to the castle, I described a short(ish) path and one of the party piped up with "they don't make it easy to get to do they?" "it is a castle" I replied, "that was always the plan". :)

They did build it close to the station though so it isn't all bad :)

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
My take on this.....

Best to find out about an Image and find all its meanings , so you can make an informed decision on how you want to be seen by every one...

Some People like labels some don't......and a tattoo can act like a Label to some... and that's what people see...

I think that not only the thoughts and feeling of both the Tattoee and the Tattoer should be respected.....

By the way... I don't have any Tuff Stickers...

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
....And while I'm knocking the very small subset of NA citizens who make it out of their country I was once stopped in Princess Street, Edinburgh and asked for the quickest route to walk up to the castle, I described a short(ish) path and one of the party piped up with "they don't make it easy to get to do they?" "it is a castle" I replied, "that was always the plan". :)

Gotta love that one!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE