psoriasis Natural remedies

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
My Finnish Aunty used to see that when in the countryside...She said it was not very genteel.

I suppose a compromise would be to use a wide tea bowl?

Reactions: Janne

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
It was seen as a ‘peasant’ way.
The ‘proper’ way is of course a thin china cup, held in your right hand, little finger stiff, other hand holds the delicate saucer...

Me, I am a mug man.

Most alternative remedies for Psoriasis are a Placebo effect, but if it works for you - all OK!

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Most aim to help with the symptoms which is easy enough to do with things that have a moisturising or anti inflamatory property. Studies have shown though that gut bacteria could be the cause of the problem so things like cider vinegar that help regulate gut bacteria could have a real benefit.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Most aim to help with the symptoms which is easy enough to do with things that have a moisturising or anti inflamatory property. Studies have shown though that gut bacteria could be the cause of the problem so things like cider vinegar that help regulate gut bacteria could have a real benefit.

Cider vinegar was my Mum's 'cure all, snake oil, medicinal compound' :)

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Cider vinegar was my Mum's 'cure all, snake oil, medicinal compound' :)

It's also good for cleaning with :thumbsup: (just use the cheap stuff).

Going back to Sempervivum being traditional Welsh plants though I do a lot of work with older buildings, mostly in the East of the country, but rarely come across any. I guess the lack of garden upkeep would account for a lot of that but I wondered if anyone else knew of any stories about it being grown or used. I've been guerilla gardening a few all over the place recently. This one is growing well in the gutter of the old greenhouse at my parents' place. It's a pup (or chick?) off a plant I rescued from waste ground that was about to be leveled for housing.

03.11.18_sempervivum_in_greenhouse_gutter_crop.jpg

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
Going back to Sempervivum being traditional Welsh plants though I do a lot of work with older buildings, mostly in the East of the country, but rarely come across any. I guess the lack of garden upkeep would account for a lot of that but I wondered if anyone else knew of any stories about it being grown or used. I've been guerilla gardening a few all over the place recently. This one is growing well in the gutter of the old greenhouse at my parents' place. It's a pup (or chick?) off a plant I rescued from waste ground that was about to be leveled for housing.
Lived in digs in Scunthorpe for a year, the garage roof of the house next door was covered in houseleeks

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Not sure how the gut ( small intestine? Large intestine?) bacteria would get affected by vinegar, as the stomach acid system and bile will neutralize and change it.

All it is is a mix of water, Maleic Acid and Acetic Acid.

Again, Placebo.

Psoriasis is an auto immune problem, highly researched but without an answer.

Treatment is symptomatic. Around 3/4 effective?

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
Not sure how the gut ( small intestine? Large intestine?) bacteria would get affected by vinegar, as the stomach acid system and bile will neutralize and change it.

Again, Placebo.

an over active immune system problem basically his body is making more of him than he needs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales

Again, Placebo.

Probiotics and prebiotics. Live Cider vinegar has good levels of both and promotes healthy gut bacteria. Applied directly to the skin it has astringent properties and reduces swelling and redness. You cant call that placebo if you can see the results. I had a blood blister under my eye for years, applied cider vinegar for a while and it disappeared. Not a miracle but a good use of natural remedies.

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Be aware of that no research the last decades has shown the vinegar having any major beneficial effects.
Wine vinegar is hailed as a wonder agent in many countries too. Tradition, not supported by
research.
Prebiotics and probiotics in vinegar?
No. None.

You can ingest those two acids by having a trad Ploughmans.

The Pickle will give you the Acetic Acid.
The Apple will give you the Maleic Acid.

Last edited:

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Be aware of that no research the last decades has shown the vinegar having any major beneficial effects.
Wine vinegar is hailed as a wonder agent in many countries too. Tradition, not supported by
research.
Prebiotics and probiotics in vinegar?
No. None.

You can ingest those two acids by having a trad Ploughmans.

The Pickle will give you the Acetic Acid.
The Apple will give you the Maleic Acid.

I think we're getting crossed wires. We're not talking about basic vinegar here, to have any benefit it needs to be the unfiltered, unpasteurised, organic cider vinegar with the live bacteria culture still in it. Live as in contains probiotics that wouldn't be alive without prebiotics being present. I'll agree that most claims of benefits from cider vinegar have little basis in science but there are proven benefits and more that are shown to be likely benefits. Google is full of articles debunking the myths though with links to studies that give the properties and make up of live vinegar but it also links studies that show the proven benefits though. The probiotic research is still fairly new but promising.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/321157.php

https://www.psoriasis.org/advance/f...acteria-affects-psoriasis-psoriatic-arthritis

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Himself wrenched his knee, and it seemed to be taking it's own sweet time to heal, so he tried all sorts of things, including the emu oil.
It did leave his skin feeling soft......

Reactions: Janne

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Did he get an urge to place his head in a sand pit after the treatment?

Joints heal slowly, cartilage is badly vascularized.
Took me 35 years to realize mine would never heal, so I had it operated on last year....

Should have tried the Emu Oil first. Maybe wrapping a few cristals around it for an effect boost?

( You guys are hilarious. Humankind will soon send people to Mars and you believe in snakeoil salesmen..........)

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Did he get an urge to place his head in a sand pit after the treatment?

Joints heal slowly, cartilage is badly vascularized.
Took me 35 years to realize mine would never heal, so I had it operated on last year....

Should have tried the Emu Oil first. Maybe wrapping a few cristals around it for an effect boost?

( You guys are hilarious. Humankind will soon send people to Mars and you believe in snakeoil salesmen..........)

Never underestimate the power of the mind :)

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
No! Never!

It is estimated around 40% or so of the effect of (scientifically effective) meds are due to the placebo effect.

The Inuits used Whale and Seal oils for their medication, plus other natural, locally available stuff.
Egyptian ladies used dried Crocodile poo mixed with fruit juice as a sperm blocking/killing agent inside the birth canal .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE