Photography..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
as i have left school now and dont have access to a darkroom, i thought i better give this digital lark a go today..
DSCF0024.jpg

spot the bird?? :wink:

DSCF0025.jpg

it havent really work out how/if you can set my digi cam off auto.. so the foreground in this one is out of focus.

leon-1

tomtom, how far away were the rear braches of that tree??

You'll find that a lot of cameras will not focus on things a couple of feet away without being set on macro, but generally the depth of field that you have on this shot is pretty good.

With video cameras you suffer with a thing called foreground compression when using zoom lenses, which generally means that things come into focus quite early on and it is almost impossible to judge distances between objects in the foreground.

I am not sure if digital cameras suffer with the same, but due to the nature of them using a video processing chip I would of thought that this would be true of them as well :)

gb

Forager
Nov 4, 2003
Cornwall
heres a couple more from scotland

194loch-med.jpg

the scan quality is rubbish unfortunately.

194sunset_lock_morlich-med.jpg

a real nice evening by loch morlich

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Wauw gb! That's some very nice shots... :shock: :eek:): I'll take the island in the first pic. :wink: Wanna live there.... :cry:

leon-1

here are a few more, The Harker Glacier.
File0017Small.jpg

The Nordenskjold, where I learnt to ice climb,
File0016Small.jpg

Me and a furry colleague,
File0015Small.jpg

Looking out from Lizard rock Kenya,
File0014Small.jpg

Sunrise on mount Olympus,
File0013Small.jpg

Snow on Mount Olympus, looking out to sea,
File0012Small.jpg

Cacti, Paramalli, Cyprus,
File0011Small.jpg

leon-1

Maivikken Cave, South Georgia, 800 miles SE of the Falkland Islands, it was late spring and nice weather (-15'c and the wind was low at about 20mph around this time).

I must say that it is one of the prettiest ice cubes I have ever come across at this time of year :eek:):.

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
I was outside yesterday (yes, it was a beautiful day, is today too) and saw this creature :shock: climbing around on the tree that lives right outside our front door. Gotta be the mother of all spiders. :wink:

spider003a.jpg

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I'll try and scan some in this evening....and i should also find some photo's of myself that i don't mind people seeing!

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
RovingArcher said:
I was outside yesterday (yes, it was a beautiful day, is today too) and saw this creature :shock: climbing around on the tree that lives right outside our front door. Gotta be the mother of all spiders. :wink:

spider003a.jpg

OMG its huge.. :yikes:

or is that tree in the beakground :naughty:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE