Photography..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
RovingArcher said:
I was outside yesterday (yes, it was a beautiful day, is today too) and saw this creature :shock: climbing around on the tree that lives right outside our front door. Gotta be the mother of all spiders. :wink:

spider003a.jpg
How big would you guess it was? Approx. :roll: :wink:

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Me, all spiders have it in for me...not sure if i have told this story : I was swimming in a tidal river in Vermaiklaakaid in South Africa and i got out (i had left my towel on the floor :roll: ) and i felt a little tickling on my leg. Looked and there was an enormous Baboon Spider on my leg :yikes: About the size of a small plate. And all black...gives me the shivers.

:shock:

:rolmao: I learnt then never to leave my towel on the floor.

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
Hmm, lessee. It's body has to be at least 2.5 centimeters. :naughty: :wave:

The tree was indeed in the background by 15ft. or so. We have taranchula (spelling) here though and they get pretty big. Once when I was in the hills showing a friend how to stalk the final approach on a deer, we spotted an egg sack web in a distant tree that was so big and dense that we thought the tree was actually much closer than it was. It took us 15 minutes of steep and rugged territory to get to the tree. The web ball was huge. :shock:

Here's the other photo I got of peewee.

spider002.jpg

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Here is some pics from yesterday. Today the snow is totally gone. :shock:
Beautiful holes in the ice eh? Well IMO.
Don't worry, the ice did crack a little when we walked on it, but the water is only 4'' "deep". :D

dsc002713rh.jpg

dsc002722db.jpg

dsc002730np.jpg

zambezi

Aug 24, 2004
DEVON
There have been some stunning pics in this thread. Stuart and Martin's really stand out. It is images like these that sustain the wanderlust through the winter/less active months. Keep up the good work.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE