Photography..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
ok so i know there are quite a few of us who are amature(maybe theres some pros too)photographers.. and i would hazard a guess that most of us find inspiration in nature!
i'd like to see some of your work if anyone feels like showing it.. i dont do a lot of digital work but here is a scan of an image i took a while ago..
241pinecone_final.jpg
can you guess what it is yet :wink:

leon-1

Nice photograph, you must have used quite a quick exposure rate and large aperture on it as there is not a lot of depth of field (which adds to the quality of this particular photo IMO).

Also nice to see black and white photography it has a better look on some stills as it seems to pick up more detail, what film did you use???

Was it an Ilford with an ASA of about 200??? :)

leon-1

If I get a chance tomorrow I will put some picks up of South Georgia and its inhabitants :wink:

Also glad to hear that someone else has a liking for Ilford film :biggthump

Must admit I haven't done much with an SLR for a long time, but you never know :wink:

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I used to do black and white printing. I was offered an exhibition in Ffoto Gallery (welsh spelling not a mistake ;) ), but i never got my butt in gear to get it all arranged :cry: .

I did take the photo's but i think, if your doing the printing, most of the creativity is in the darkroom.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
its 50/50 camara work and darkroom/post darkroom work involvled IMHO!
most of the very best images have minimal and very subtle darkroom/post dark room work done to them..

That would be cool Leon-1 :1244:

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
He was famous for inventing/implementing certain Darkroom techniques that absolutely revolutionised (darkroom) photography. He was a Printer and created absolutely awesome photographs.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
yeh i know.. i think its a crime the Rupert Murdock ever got his hands on little brown and company.. he also used use masses of different lenses and camera techniques.. have a read of "the making of 40 photogrpahs" its a great book!

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Haven't heard of that book. Whats little brown and company?

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Your right, had i organised myself, i could have earnt quite a lot of money from an exhibition!

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I'm not even a good amateur photographer but I like these... no manipulation on any of them.

dawn.jpg

A girl called Dawn I used to work with... Took this almost by mistake, reminds me of summer.

empire.jpg

The Empire State building... fantastic architecture... even for concrete. Photo taken from a moving taxi window :wink:

russell.jpg

Taken last weekend at a halloween party, Russell came as HellBoy so I set the exposure time high with no flash and stood him infront of a fire.

dartmoor.jpg

In Dartmoor climbing... so windy even the shrubs grow sideways.

Joe

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Nice photo's there Joe. I think there's a danger of getting snobby about quality of image, rather tha quality of photo (if you get me), and those are high quality shots.

:biggthump

BTW did you get the lanyards?

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Cheers Jake :biggthump

The photos look a lot better when not less than 20% their original size and compressed to :***:

Lanyard not here yet... I only got one letter today and it was... shock horror... a bill! :roll:

c2518

Nov 1, 2004
Cumbria
shall i show some pic's of leon-1 slightly the worst for wear? :chill: or is this strictly for proper photography. I have some excellent images of places like the Falklands and Kenya, just have to scan them as I am a died in the wool 35mm man (only cos I can't afford digital yet)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE