Photography..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
You have no idea how much a P**hed myself when i saw this huge red spider in south africa, looked exactly like that common one, except the actual size. And it moved so fast :shock:

Was that taken with a macro lens?

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
All spiders have fangs for which they inject their victims and chew their prey with, so they can all bite, but this spider has such small fangs you may feel a small nip but it wont hurt unless your a fly that is :shock: ive had a Theraphosa Blondi (Giant bird eater) whos fangs were 3/4 of an inch long and that would have hurt if it bit you! :shock:

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
One my sweet wife took when we were visiting 600 miles up to the Northern California coast.

duskatsea.jpg

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
leon-1 said:
That's a beautifull scene RA :)

Yep, it is a beautiful scene. She used either a Pentax 35mm camera (SLR?) and put it on disc, or our new (at the time) Agfa digital. I don't know which one. The Northern California coast is where the Redwoods meet the Pacific ocean and it's an amazing place. Wet though, with an average annual rainfall of around 90 inches.

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
your probly best of copying it in to photoshop or what ever edit program you have maybe even paint then just "save as" and change the file type to jpeg

Moonraker

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 20, 2004
Dorset & France
A selection from this year around the village:

Snow? Nope, The downy seeds from the poplar trees filling the sky. Playing with sepia.
nat-poplar_seed.jpg

This is snow! Up on the local Aubrac hills (up to 1300m) in February. It has arrived again this week but not in the village (450m) which is set down in a small valley.
aubrac_snowscape.jpg

The 'Cascade' or waterfall of our village with the Spring rains running
nat-muret_cascade.jpg

The Aveyron is rich in wildflowers, especially orchids. A bee orchid species called the 'Woodcock Orchid'
nat-woodcock_orchid.jpg

A locally common orchid which covers the Causse here in Spring. Common but beautiful
ochris_sp_lanhac.jpg

Morels picked in the Spring when the moss is such a vivid green.
nat-morel.jpg

Stormy summer day on the old tracks on the Causse (limestone plateau). These were wild and dangerous regions in the old days. Not so dangerous but still dramatic and mostly unspoilt, tough terrain.
storm_sun_lanhac.jpg

Summer storms passing overhead and the sunshine returns once more
nat-storm_wood.jpg

Hedge apples ready for picking. All the hedgerows here have fruit trees and nut trees planted in them and a lot of self-seeded offspring. They were part of the productive landscape
nat-hedge_apples.jpg

The village 'châtaigne ramassage'. My son and a friend carrying the harvest from a recent village sweet chestnut forage (over 10kgs, I was impressed with their determination to carry it 1 km between them!). Most of the kids and families came. Afterwards they were roasted over oak wood fires and enjoyed by all! Really wonderful to share these experiences with others and especially younger generations. Keeping the knowledge and old ways alive.
fam-chestnut_forage.jpg

All taken on a digital Nikon D100. Next year I plan to learn up on macrophotography. Bit like Bushcraft; best just to get out there and practice cock ups and all ;-)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE