music and instruments at the moot anybody?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
Hi guys didn't go last year and by the looks of it i missed the chance to play some music with some bushie types.

I'm considering bringing my Fiddle and Mandolin along I play alot of English and scottish trad and can jam up some modern stuff.

SO

Who if anybody this year will be taking an instrument along? and what sort a stuff do ya play?

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
If'n you do take some please remember that some people like peace and quiet, (some like me) will have kids with them and music late at night carries.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
we'll keep music to earlier in the evening, by the fire or up at the naughty corner, as we usually do we'll advise those that want to have quiet to go one way and those that don't mind / want to make noise the other :D

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
we'll keep music to earlier in the evening, by the fire or up at the naughty corner, as we usually do we'll advise those that want to have quiet to go one way and those that don't mind / want to make noise the other :D
Worked really well last year, so :You_Rock_

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
dont worry, the sound wont carry far the rain will drown the noise!

Now now Lindsey... don't be tempting providence
smiley_umbrella.gif

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
dont worry, the sound wont carry far the rain will drown the noise!

My violin wont come out of its case if its raining so in one way Lindsay your right

This is all getting a bit negative now. I'm thinking i might not bother unless it starts to look up:(

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Personally I would love to hear some live folk music!
I cannot play a thing but love to hear it - but you can keep canned C Rap music and other modern abominations for cities.
Heavy Metal has its place - but for the great outdoors it has to be Folk!

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Personally I would love to hear some live folk music!
I cannot play a thing but love to hear it - but you can keep canned C Rap music and other modern abominations for cities.
Heavy Metal has its place - but for the great outdoors it has to be Folk!
but for the great outdoors it has to be bird song and leaf litter being formed:rolleyes:

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Ye can come give us a ditty o' two at the 'Naughty Corner' Tm2006 John....I've sat an' listened t' ye warblin's around the fireside..an' ye'll be most welcome.
Last year Womblelancs brought her fiddle JD... an' we all melted t' the sounds!..(I have a dry van at the NC t' stow yer gear ifin ye gets caught out by the rain.)..I've got a guitar, flutes an' me digery t' bring again..
As Tony (The commodore) Has mentioned.....The naughty corner 'will' get loud as the beer flows, just liken any other gatherin' o' friends that have'nt seen each other fer a year. So Ifin ye can 'still' hear us from the other side o' the forest....please send s'one up t' calm us down...We won't bite at a friendly request......We 'are' respectfull of others, Tis just the volume tends t' rise the more beer is quaffed!
My advice?.......find out where we are......an' camp ACCORDINGLY:D :D :beerchug:

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I meant the response Tony. I was feeling dubious about bringing the instruments anyway i'l reserve judgement for now : (

Didnt mean you to take that the wrong way, I was trying to cheer you up! Please do bring your fiddle along, somebody did last year and I enjoyed it.

Actually though it is true about the rain (the fires are under cover) but it rained so hard one night I was not able to locate the naughty corner even though when I got fairly close to it everybody was singing there.

listenclear

Nomad
Aug 19, 2008
East lothian
Would love to come and join in (play mandolin) but not going to bring mine as flying down from edinburgh. I dont trust airlines with my precious things :eek: and my hand luggage will be used up with my other bag :(
I tend to play alot of folk music though so it will be a shame to miss out on a jam. Guess i will just have to drink more then :beerchug:
Cant wait for the moot!!!!!!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE