Biker's Tomahawks & Shinys for sale at the Moot

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hi Folks,
Last year I sold a few of the axes I've bought over the year and restored back to all their glory, this year I intend doing the same BUT last year I was approached by 3 people asking me to look out for specific makers axes/tomahawks. Sadly, like the numpty I am I've lost the list. So I'm hoping that those people who spoke to me are reading this thread and will remember my ugly mug from last year.

Please speak up and PM me or better yet come and find me at The Moot, I want to give YOU first refusal on the relevant axes OK? I'll be camped at Dingly Dell with John Fenna and Mesquite. Ask any of the mods to direct you, but by the second week you'll find us by the wafting smell of rancid Fenna. :cool:

Just a refresher, this was me at last year's Moot doing my best used car salesman impression. "Step right up folks, git yer luverly bargains 'ere!"

1119901_10151816371562313_1905511464_o.jpg

And this is what I shall be bringing. The details of each is below:

Shiney_zpsff1f4a0a.jpg~original

1) Fixed head Goldenberg (very good make) 1¼lb hatchet, with original handle. Fully cleaned and the shaft refitted with new wedges etc. (Sold pending funds)
2) Take down tomahawk. 600g head. Can't make out the maker's name, but I don't buy crap stuff and this one's a beauty. New hickory shaft. (Reserved pending PM details)
3) Exactly as above but perhaps with a 650g head.
4) Talabot (another very good make) 550g take down axe. Ideal for carving/chopping but too thin a blade for splitting. (reserved for someone who wanted one last year)
5) Light weight fixed head tomahawk. The steel is surprisingly hard, figured it'd make a decent throwing hawk.
6) Goldenberg 600g take down tomahawk. New hickory shaft. (reserved for someone who wanted one last year)
7) 700g Acier Forge tomahawk head (fixed head type) I can supply a handle for this too for a DIY project for anyone to take on. I just ran out of time to fit this to a shaft. (Sorry Stew, Sold pending funds)
8) Drawknife, really sweet little bit of kit with a 5 inch cutting edge and original rustic handles. (Reserved to be confirmed)
9) 700g Fixed head Acier Forge tomahawk fitted to a Boxwood branch as handle. I had the handle kicking about in a box for 5 years taken off an old tool I had, this fits in the hand like it was born there.
10) A sort of slasher/billhook. Lovely beast with 7mm thick steel and original handle, doubles as a drawkinfe too.
11) 32oz(?) take down claw hammer. This thing was sitting in a box looking at me with big puppy eyes I just had to buy it and give it a make over. New Beech wood shaft.

ALL shafts have been treated with at least two coats of Linseed oil and the metal work treated with a blacking polish to prevent rusting. ALL the axes are shaving sharp and I have the bald spot on my arm to prove it.

Prices for the axes are around the £30-£35 mark for these old school and bloody good steel tools. Numbers 5, 7, 8, 10 & 11 will be much lower of course.

I've sold a few of these restored tools to members here at BCUK with positive feedback and a LOT of interest in them for those who missed out.

I'm also bringing along my usual collection of caste iron dutch ovens, caste iron skillets, Le Crueset enameled pans and other bits and bobs, so if you want something specific nab me early OK?

Thanks for reading. See you at the Moot. Whoo hoo 6 sleeps to go!

Last edited:

Biker

I must be strong, and resist this temptation. See ya Monday Aaron.

I still regret selling that Peugeot axe to you the first year. That was my main user until I got my own Talabot. That axe split wood like nothing else I had up till then. Yep, see you Monday, you and Chris camping in the usual place again?

Biker

I love number 2. The take down hawk- are these only going to the moot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they are, but I find them now and then and have a massive restoration session If that one doesn't sell at the moot and the reserved list doesn't want it you can have first refusal. I shall be in the UK for 3 weeks after the Moot so I can post it to you. Fair enough? Send me a PM so I have a record of your interest please.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I still regret selling that Peugeot axe to you the first year. That was my main user until I got my own Talabot. That axe split wood like nothing else I had up till then. Yep, see you Monday, you and Chris camping in the usual place again?

It's been a much admired and used axe. Yip, will try and get there again, if it's not been nabbed.

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
Yes they are, but I find them now and then and have a massive restoration session If that one doesn't sell at the moot and the reserved list doesn't want it you can have first refusal. I shall be in the UK for 3 weeks after the Moot so I can post it to you. Fair enough? Send me a PM so I have a record of your interest please.

That's great thank you, I'm definitely registering an interest in number 2- I'll send you a pm, cheers Joab

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colly

Forager
Apr 10, 2010
Edenbridge Kent
it's a good job for my bank balance that i'm not going to the moot.
even though i like restoring the axes myself i don't think i could resist...

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Nice collection of sharps there Pa. (Was going to say tools but thought someone may take it the wrong way!) Good luck with the sales and my pocket is so glad I can't make it as there's a few things there I wouldn't mind myself, (and you don't take sausages as payment do you?)
Happy selling Pa,
GB.

Biker

Can I have a cost for #1 and #8 please? (Also with postage as I wont be at the moot)

How does £35 inc P&P grab ya for the axe? Sorry but the drawknife (#8) is spoken for. PM me if you're interested with address details etc.

GB if you hand deliver the sausages we can work out a deal, and have a good long natter while we're at it.

Biker

Sounds good. Will have to suss finances, if not sold by Day 1 of the moot, then feel free to sell it (dont want to be unreasonable)

No worries. If I don't sell it on day one I can't even contact you to say it's still up for sale. But if no one buys it and I bring it back home from the Moot with me we can work out a deal OK?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE