Photography at the Moot.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Just a heads up for those that might be interested.

I will be running a photo workshop at the Moot this year and if weather permits, perhaps a trip out on one of the camping days.

The workshop should suit people interested in taking more control of their cameras or learning how to get the best out of them. Nitty gritty technical stuff with a few handy tips and tricks thrown in just to keep people awake. You know the sort of thing.

I'll need to project some pictures so it will probably be best done in the main building on one of the evenings and I'll follow it up with a show of some of my landscapes from recent years as a more general show later on.

People would be free to join us for either or both as they wish. Wouldn't want to interrupt your drinking time too much.

We'll announce something more concrete when we've sussed things out down at the site.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I've finished putting the "workshop" presentation together now.

It covers the basics such as Shutter Speed, Aperture, iso. and Exposure.

It it also covers some more advanced stuff like RAW v JPEG files and if people are interested I could also include some basic Post Production tips as well.

The intention is to discuss not just the "how" but the "why" as well.

Might get a bit technical but I'll try to make sure it's not too boring.

The show later in the evening will just be a collection of my better work over the last decade. That could be really dull so I'll include a break for people to get some fresh drinks in.

I always find it useful to go over basics again as there is often something I have missed. Most of what I know has been self taught

Would you likely be covering Hyperfocal Distance? Its something I haven't wrapped my head around completely yet.

The show later in the evening will just be a collection of my better work over the last decade. That could be really dull so I'll include a break for people to get some fresh drinks in.

I always find your photos amazing to look at, so I am sure it will be far from dull. :)

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I haven't prepared anything on that but I will probably cover it in conversation.

Nothing is set in concrete so I will expand on stuff as people want.

The presentation is a first run of a show that I'm planning to take around camera clubs. I guess I'm hoping for a forgiving audience to try it on first.

What's more likely is that I'll be slaughtered by the hecklers.. :)

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
I may well take up the course as i have no idea how to work our camera!

Glad to see you are coming along for sure.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Neither did I...
alien4.gif

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE