list to learn

weaver

Settler
Jul 9, 2006
North Carolina, USA
British Red said:
:eek:

Visions of the postie feeding rope through my letter box 10 feet at a time! :lmao:
Red,

I have a 600' spool of 7 strand mil spec paracord, I want to roll 1/2 of it off to a smaller spool. They have automated equipment at the factory that will spool and measure the rope for me.

Do you have lighter pine in UK? I think you may call it Maya Pine? It is great for tender. I want to dig up a bit for you if it is useful.

Anything else that is rare there and plentiful here? (except land) :lmao:

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
hi guys back to the shooting talk
if i bought a gun and kept it at my uncles who has a shooting licence and went on an organised shoot with him would i have to have a shooting licence
leon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Weaver,

Hmmm some maya pine would be fantastic - thanks mate - I tend to use birch or clematis or cramp ball fungus as they are locally available - I'd love to try the pine stump stuff though.

Hmmm rare here...Glocks :D ?
Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Leon,

Yup. You need a licence to possess. Your uncle can own a shotgun and lend it to someone to use on his land and under his supervision, but if its yours, you need a licence. If you keep your gun at your uncles it will probably cause more problems than it solves (it needs to be covered by his licence as well if he has access to it).

Theres two thoughts here. Wait till you stop growing and borrow one of your uncles till then or just get on with it. This will scare Weaver now, but

£40 for a licence
£80 for a basic cabinet
£250 for a basic shotgun
£25 for a gun slip (case)
A few quid for some shells

Lets say £400 - £500 to get going

Depends if you have that sort of cash?

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
so could my uncle buy the gun and register it as his but i pay him how much the gun cost and use it ?
leon

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Hmmmm if anyone found out that would be very wrong and you would get in big trouble, so no, you couldn't and shouldn't do that.

Now what you uncle chooses to do with his money and how much cash you give him for his Christmas present are clearly between you and him

Red

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No, no Leon...you aren't going to do that or even if you were, you wouldn't say so on a public forum would you :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek:

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
But then again, once you have set yourself up, I suspect its neutral. I was shooting a friends rather nice shotgun he picked up for £50 recently. Blueing was worn and it was a basic fixed choke game gun (1/4 and, I think, improved cyl). Cost £50 with a box of cartridges thrown in. So, actually its £40 for a licence, £50 for a basic cabinet and £50 for a gun...but, its not the way for a youngster to begin......

Red

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
went shopping yesterday at the local gun shop and i got
nick bakers british wildlife
deerhunter waterproof trousers
some socks to fold over the top of my wellies
a fleece
and my nan is picking me up a reeltree camoflague t shirt on monday as they didnt have any in stock

it was a pretty expensive day and i will be going back there in a fort night to spend some more cash lol
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
hi guys im now looking for a wide brimmed hat to keep the rain of my head, it needs to be water proof and warm, i like the look of the leather ones, it needs to be under £35
i have heard that the tilley hats are good but i dont really like the look of them
what can you reccomend
leon

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Works for me - folds flat in my pocket, keeps me warm and the rain off, doesn't take up much space. Need to turn your collar up against rain on the neck though

Red

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE