list to learn

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
its done, do they float ? are they totally waterproof ? if its a summer day and they are in your pocket will the wax melt ?
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i have cut a disc of wet and dry and just need to get some superglue so i can stick it to the end
leon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Mine floated, and not a drop got in. I had trimmed the top of the cartridge down so that the corrugated folded up part was gone and I had a perfect wall. I'm not sure if the wax will melt in summer, but if you put it in your kit it will be fine. I picked up a nice nickel plated brass match case a few weeks back for a few quid, I saw them cheaper somewhere else but they are pretty good bits of kit. I'll try and find a link.

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i also cut off the corregated bit i'm now going to put it in the sink and see if it floats and if its waterproof
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i have put it in and it floats i will leave it for about 5 minutes and then see if it is still floating, i put a bit of toilet paper in there so if it has absorbed water i no that it leaks
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
problem is i already have to people that want me to make them one my nan and a 12year old boy who comes shooeting with us, i have a feeling that im going to be making alot more for other people lol
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
i spose thats a good idea as i can get a large amount of them for free
but your wrong im not 40 cases away from a gransfors sfa im 40 cases and my mums approval away from a sfa lol
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
well it didnt leak, it floated for the whole time and when i pushed it to the bottom it floated strait to the top so i am very happy with it, i expect this to last me a long time, now i need to get some more cartridges and make more
leon

leon-b

May 31, 2006
Who knows
thanks for the pm mate, as soon as i know i can shoot on my uncles fields and my mum has agreed to letting me have a gun i will get her to ring you but beware it might not be anytime soon, when i have been on a few clay pigeon shoots then she might let me
leon

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
leon-b said:
well it didnt leak, it floated for the whole time and when i pushed it to the bottom it floated strait to the top so i am very happy with it, i expect this to last me a long time, now i need to get some more cartridges and make more
leon

Leon,

excellent, can I have one too please (thats 41 :D)

Spamel, I'll happily send you some empties - but I would hate to set off the sniffer dogs or something horrible sending such a package to BFPO..if you think it would be okay, PM me and I'll put a fe in my pocket next time I go out.

Leon, I've sent my contact details for you to talk to your mum ;)

Red

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Cheers Red, I'm not sure if they would get through though!! I'm not sure what the rules are on shipping used cartridges through the postal system. I'll keep looking over here, a few may turn up sooner or later.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
The one I got was a blatant copy of that design but works a treat. It has a neoprene disc in the lid but I needed to glue it in place as it kept falling out. It is on a lanyard with a metal infantry whistle and they compliment each other quite well!! I paid about five quid including postage, but I found them cheaper elsewhere but didn't bookwark it. I knew I'd regret it!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE