Lets get some pictures up

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I like the wildlife a lot. It is very different to my other, scandinavian forest axe from GB.

I like your rocks and minerals in the first pic as well. Do you know what the bottom right one is? I am a geologist by training if not trade anymore. Always nice to see someone else who likes a good rock (most people will think I'm mad, I know my wife does when we are on holiday and I stop to admire some strata!)

Bill

BAHDog

Jan 7, 2004
Tucson, Arizona
I don't know what they are Bill. I just like rocks and collect them on all my hikes. Here is a photo of a custom bushcrafter style knife we commissioned on a forum that Hoodoo headed up. Everyone got one that was a little different. Lots of good handle materials to choose from. Here is a shot on some other rocks I have picked up.

OnTheRocks.jpg

This one is O-1 tool steel with Cocobolo scales and is wicked sharp.

OSF3.jpg

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Leon....how long did it take for the Gene ingram to arrive?

Cheers,
Jake

leon-1

Jake on the #30 I was lucky (it was already in the country). One the guys from BB let me know about it and I got it from him. It is Brand new and totally unblemished. It also only cost me what you would have paid for it if you had got it directly from Gene.

So from when the guy got my cheque to when it arrived here at my place was 24hours.

I believe that Gene has quite a few orders at the moment and as such there may be a waiting list, but when I get paid again I still intend on getting the #6 as well.

The build quality is superb, amazingly sharp and the sheath although basic is very well made. In fact that does not do the sheath justice, it is practical and well constructed (it is pretty sturdy).

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Glen

Like the new pics (and the rocks). The knife looks a lot like a woodlore type design. It is a good idea to have small differences in the batch though makes everyones unique.

I think British Blades did a similar group build/buy a little while ago. They seemed pleased with the finished article although I didn't see too many pics.

Bill

BAHDog

Jan 7, 2004
Tucson, Arizona
Bill that one you found belongs to dannyboy. That guy has some of the coolest kit you ever saw and he makes most of it himself. He made those leather sheaths. The knife was a collaboration, fine bladework by Nick Wheeler and handles were put on by various folks. Jamie put his on. I put my cocobolo on from a piece of wood I found down at my local woodworkers supply and Jamie sent me the mosaic pin material. Hoodoo has more than two of them and has more on the way in typical Hoodoo fashion. All of his are different.

Here is the shot of the kydex neck sheath that came with the Ingram Bird & Trout as you requested. It lays very flat and nicely around the neck while holding the knife at the ready when you need it. Hoodoo talked Gene into a special version of this one as well.

I like the reflection of the bricks on the blade in this one and if you notice the scale pins are reflecting the open brickwork that lays above the solid brickwork.

necksheath3.jpg

Back to Hoodoo. He is on a wilderness trip right now but should be back in a few days. Do you remember the third Mad Max movie when Mel Gibson rolled into Bartertown and had to check his "hardware" at the door? That would be Hoodoo. He would be clattering down blades for 15 minutes and then the fire starting things.............. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Thanks for that pic Glen. The sheath looks good and I like the knife more in every pic you post.

I am hearing something of Hoodoo's reputation as a collector. There is a pic of him on this forum somewhere and he only has one knife in the pic, very unusual for him by the sound of it.

Gene seems quite willing to do one off projects for people. I think he probably enjoys doing something different every now and then.

Bill

BAHDog

Jan 7, 2004
Tucson, Arizona
Hi Donald! Hey guys, Donald has a good Walnut scale version of the Nick Wheeler blade.

Marten, Gene calles the scales Apaloosa bone. I know he has to spend more time on it because he charges a bit more. I do like his bone scales though.

Bill, if Hoodoo has only one knife showing there must be some hidden. LOL He is a collector but foremost a user. Some of his carvings show excellent knife handling and he loves the deep woods and wilderness and uses his knives and axes way out there.

Hi Glen,

I knew what your previous answer was, but I figured I would wait until you answered. ....for one thing I don't know all the implications of Appaloosa bone as a material.

Now that you have mentioned my OSF knife, I'll see if I can get a picture up here for everyone else. Details are in a couple places, the most accessible being the Outdoor Survival Forum (OSF) at KnifeForums, in the thread OSF Knife http://www.knifeforums.com//ubbthre...mp;view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1.

_OSF-Sheath640.jpg

_OSF%20%26%20Briggs%20sheath640.jpg

Looks like its working. Enjoy the pictures! It is a great knife. 1/8" thick O1 steel blade. Walnut harvested in 1939 off my grandparent's farm. More details in the linked post.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Man, I love the look of those pins in that shot! When I first saw them, I did a double take.

I wouldn't say I was on a wilderness trip BAHDog. I just dabbled at the edges. Looks like next week I will be heading out again for a few more days.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
I have been on holiday for the last fortnight and missed getting images of my completed SLK project from Gene Ingram posted.

(notice how I used holiday and fortnight) :roll: more British later....

Here is the little SLK a Slick Little Knife

Schwert_SLKday1.jpg

Remember I ask Gene to do up a special neck sheath using my own braid for a cord. This is the completed project with long long cord....it can be tucked into the belt to keep the knife from swinging and designed to allow the sheath to be lowered and worn cross chest (a carry that I have found to not be that comfortable).

Schwert_SLKdone4.jpg

Here it is on...normally worn under the waistcoat.

Schwert_SLKdone5.jpg

I wore this knife each day either under my vest, a jumper or under my shirt. With the braid around a shirt collar this carry was super. Carried under my shirt with the braid on my neck skin this was good, and certainly better than nylon or chain, but again not my favorite carry.

Overall this SLK and its carry sheath fit the bill and Gene did a bangup job on both the knife in green jigged bone and D2 and the sheath. He simplified my design a bit and make me a near perfect neck knife.

Schwert_SLKapple.jpg

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Schwert said:
He simplified my design a bit and make me a near perfect neck knife.

Schwert_SLKapple.jpg

I would have never thought of using an apple as a sheath of a neck knife ... thanks! :biggthump

... sorry, I couldn't resist! :rolmao: Great looking setups you have there!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE