Lets get some pictures up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Hi,
I'd like to devote a thread to pictures of your knives etc, i enjoy seeing what you have dotted around the forum, but a specified picture thread may be quite interesting.

Now before you tell me off for not posting any pictures of my kit, heres the reason, im completely useless with computers, but i will keep trying!

I have found that by looking at other peoples stuff, you can sort out the problems with your kit....firestick holders for example.

Cheers,

Jake

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
My Eklund bushcraft user blade in snakewood:
eklund_sw3.jpg

Side view after a fresh etch bath and some playing around:
eklund_sw2.jpg

My previous Eklund wih paduk scales:
eklund_carbon1.JPG

In UHB20C carbon steel at about rc59 The top one is a somewhat lighter/pointier version compared to the bottom one. The bottom one has a bit more belly. Both are great users.

-Emile

BAHDog

Jan 7, 2004
Tucson, Arizona
Here is my SAK Tinker with a meteorite a friend of mine found and gave to me.

TinkerMeteorite.jpg

and the SAK Atlas which makes a great woods knife with it's large frame, locking blade and saw.

f22BladeForward.jpg

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I havent heard of nessmuk, could you post a link? I like that axe. and eriaaj, did you make those? if not could you put up a link too?

I'm working on my camera, if anyone could tell me how? I have Windows XP and some photos already on it, how would i post?

Cheers,

Jake

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
Jake Rollnick said:
I havent heard of nessmuk, could you post a link? I like that axe. and eriaaj, did you make those? if not could you put up a link too?

"Nessmuk" was the pen name of George W Sears, an american writer who (at the turn of the twentieth Centuary) wrote a classic book on bushcraft and the outdoors, called Woodcraft and Camping. I got a copy from Amazon last week, and it's a good read! On page 8 of the Dover Edition is an illustration of an axe, a knife and a pen knife - laid out just as in the picture above.

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
eriaaj, did you make those? if not could you put up a link too?

I ordered the blanks by my specs from Maihkel Eklund and finished these blades myself, but he will make a complete knife for you if you want.

Here's the link:
http://www.art-knives.com

These blades are basically a larger and slightly modified version of the full tang blade in his collection, in a different steel and thickness.

-Emile

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Are the prices in Kroner :?: ? If so, how much is 200 Kroner?

Cheers,

Jake

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Hoodoo...

Where did you get that axe from???

I gotta get me one of them.

Its my birthday soon....any chances???

:-D

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Colin KC said:
Naughtyboy, how'dya keep the plate & keyboard from sliding off the wall? :wink:
:rolmao: I also really like the Windows Start Menu across the side like that! :-D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE