Lets get some pictures up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Argh!! :yikes: Forgot the most important, the one below the leuku is a homemade also. Brilliant kit. :Crazy_071

The 'gold' handled: first knife ever, was much more beautiful when it was hole. :cry: But at the time I didn't i would become so interested in stuff like knives and bushcraft. Made it at 12-13, a good 3(½) years ago. But it was incomplete, no sheath.

scoops_uk

Nomad
Feb 6, 2005
Jurassic Coast
Wotcha,

Got all inspired by Hoodoo's great photo's this morning and thought I'd have a go at taking a piccy of my Alan Wood knife. I bought it coz I liked it although I dare say it's not the perfect bushcraft knife. If anyone knows anything about this model or has any comments on suitability or lack of I'd be delighted to learn :notworthy

scoopsknife.jpg

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
It looks like a very well made knife. But due to the full-flat grind may be less suited to wood-work than a scandi for example. But that depends on the angle of the bevel; Joe aka Squidders has a Gene Ingram that has a full flat but when i saw it was doing very well on woodwork. Due to a more acute Angle and slightly deeper bevel than on my Allan Blade (which i am convexing).

Its difficult to see from the picture. But other than the edge profile it looks like it is a very good knife...

How do you find it works on wood in comparison to any other scandi?

Cheers.
Jake

scoops_uk

Nomad
Feb 6, 2005
Jurassic Coast
Rollnick said:
But due to the full-flat grind may be less suited to wood-work than a scandi for example... (which i am convexing).
How do you find it works on wood in comparison to any other scandi?

Cheers.
Jake

I think the grind actually is convex (Not sure what convex is but in profile the curve on blade looks like a pinched 'V' rather than a fat 'V' if that makes sense.

IMHO it seems great on wood, but I don't have much experience of anything else of a similar calibre to make a fair comparison.

Scoops

Edit: 2 minutes on google... it's a hollow grind :eek:):

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Ah, i see. I think hollow grinds vary from secondary bevels to scandi to convex (i think).

If it works well on wood then thats all you need! If i was you i would convex it as it seems like a very shallow bevel and may very well make the woodworking easier. But thats just me! If your interested in convexing it just let us know and we can show you how, its suprisingly easy.

Cheers.

quarterstaff

Aug 5, 2004
uk
Above the f1 in an benchmade 190 and below is the northstar below that is a bison woodsman.Above the micro is an pos walther neck knife in 440a and below is an alan wood in stainless damascus.The leathermans were mostly presnts,i bought the sideclip and the rest came over following xmas's an b/days and the swiss tool came in a trade.
cheers

C

CatFisH

Hello...first post here and since you are asking for pics...here ya go...both by Charles May from Strong, Mississippi...D2@60rc..Desert Ironwood slabs and NS pins
CharlesMayTheSlitter3.jpg

CharlesMay1.jpg

C

CatFisH

tomtom...he is working on a website...should be up in the next few weeks...i'll post it when he does...CatFisH

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
For the benefit of those who do not frequent BritishBlades (weirdoes ;) ) here is my family portrait of Gene Ingrams:

gene_ingram_pw_7.JPG

Top: Pocket Wharncliffe (spalted maple burl)
Middle: #4 Drop point (California buckeye burl)
Bottom: #30 Drop point (spalted maple) My latest addition :D

All in S30V.

Hellz

G

Gripper

Hi,

Here's a shot of my EVO, now has a new sheath with small com panion knife plus pouch for fire stick etc...

Attachments

• EVO-WEB.jpg
    EVO-WEB.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 300

Not Bob

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2004
Gentlemen (and ladies)

They're just knives or am I missing something? :confused:

runs for cover

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Hellz....I had not seen all your Ingram's before....even though they are just knives....those are damn fine knives. The Spalted Maple burl on the pocket wharncliffe is spectacular, and you choices on the others are also impressive. Makes me think I need to diversify into some wood from Gene.

Hoodoo, that one from Dale is almost too practical to be just a knife. :)

I cannot wait for mine from him.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
I am going to toss in a few more Ingram's.

First his #3 Bird and Trout, thin S30V with paper micarta.

ingrambt32031kw.jpg

Then an interesting piece, his small Utility Hunter. This one in A2 with green canvas micarta. This was his very first pattern. This one is much thicker than my other knives. I encountered this one on his "Available" list one day and just had to have it. I really like it.

ingramutility31958sj.jpg

I may have posted this before but this is my long #6. Five inch blade in D2 and to match my standard #6 with Steller's SeaCow bone scales. This is my largest Ingram and it really turned out great.

ingramlong635647ry.jpg

And finally, his new pattern EDC. This one with green jigged bone in D2. When my long #6 was ready to ship, Gene sent me a picture of this one (knowing I am a sucker for green bone) and I just could not resist. This knife has really surprised me. It is light, handy and just perfect for.....EDC. I am heading to Alaska next month for a relaxing non-stressful holiday and this one is going along I am sure.

ingramedc35607by.jpg

They are all just knives, but a knife from a maker I respect and enjoy working with to me really is more than just a knife.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE