Lets get some pictures up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hellz

Nomad
Sep 26, 2003
Kent, England
www.hellzteeth.com
Schwert said:
Hellz....I had not seen all your Ingram's before....even though they are just knives....those are damn fine knives. The Spalted Maple burl on the pocket wharncliffe is spectacular, and you choices on the others are also impressive. Makes me think I need to diversify into some wood from Gene.
Thanks Schwert :D

It was actually the picture of your pocket Wharncliffe that you posted that made me alter my order with Gene. I had a regular Pocket Shortcut on order, but after seeing yours I just had to get one ;)

I'm really pleased with it, so thanks for the tip off ;)

Hellz

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Hellz,

I thought it looked familiar.... ;)

Can you carry it daily? Every-once-and-a-while I find myself leaving my Pocket Wharncliffe at home and carrying something else...but it seems everytime I do that a load of boxes or something comes in and makes me wish I had the pocket knife...so next day it is back in its rightful place. Just a super knife for a multitude of daily uses.

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
Here are are a few more...

Rick Frigault, Hunters Pair, Basadie and Chinto, S60V and Walrus Ivory in a handlaced piggyback sheath. The Basadie is very Grohman #1 like.

frigaultll46003mq.jpg

Wendal Fox Utility and Lee Reeves Nessmuk hand ax, both forged blades with Fiddleback maple.

reevefox31758ua.jpg

Allan Blades Packpals. The long flat groud Packpal with Osage Orange, the standard length but scandi ground with canvas micarta, both in O-1.

packpals31321nf.jpg

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
The homebase axe is my new "lending axe" and I use it for things that normally require a larger axe because I don't mind if it gets a dink in it.

As I always said though, the homebase axe was practice to get me familiar with an axe so I don't bust the GB.

Not Bob

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2004
Schwert said:
They are all just knives, but a knife from a maker I respect and enjoy working with to me really is more than just a knife.

Yes, a well made knife can be a thing of beauty but then so can a well made pen or chair. I've no beef with people who have a particular bent towards appreciating knives rather than art nouveau lamp fittings or scrimshaw work. Each to his own so long as no one gets hurt.

Rather I was making an oblique comment about the relevance of lots and lots of pictures of knives on a bushcraft forum. Yes I know the knife is arguably the bushcraft tool but the thread isn't a discussion of their relative merits for using in bushcraft activities - its just a lot of pictures.

Edd-UK

Feb 9, 2005
Wirral, uk
custom.jpg

the top one is a Alan Wood 'Tamarack' bushcraft knife in 01.
the middle one is a Lord Farquhar 'wren' with o1 steel, splated beach and dark brown sheath.
bottom one is a spyderco UKPN for size comparision.

faca

Forager
Dec 10, 2003
SPAIN
Hi all this pics are fantastic, but I´d like to see hard used knives with dents and scrathes on.
Is there any? :D

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Faca if you look after it it can be very hard used but not be covered in dents and scratches. You should never let your knife get into a battered state or it won't cut stuff properly.

familne

Dec 20, 2003
Fife
For those wondering about Ben Orford's knives, just got this one today:

]

Ben Orford 01 woodlander with yew handle and matching firesteel. A beautifully crafted knife and honed to a razor edge straight out of the box. Has a sharper point than most other bushcraft knives I've seen.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE