It's up for sale !!! The Best Bushcraft Kit EVER !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
For those who don't know, whilst on Mors' course after the Moot, we decided to sell a hank of the cordage he used in his lectures on Ebay, just to see how gullible people are.:lmao:

WELL !! Here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260272248474

Any money raised will be forwarded to Tony who will donate it to a worthy cause.

So please feel free to watch with interest who might buy a hank of ordinary nylon cord with Mors endorsing it:D

Remember folks, don't let the cat out of the bag

Mad

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
:lmao: I might sell my net "as started and readjusted a few times by Mors Kochanski".

Just kidding - it's actually useful :D

I'll keep an eye on the sale. Wicked Dave :D

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
So some poor girlfriend/wife/parent of a bushcrafter who shouldn't have to know anything about our passtime to buy someone a gift attached to a well known name will get ripped off?

how thoughtful.

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
So some poor girlfriend/wife/parent of a bushcrafter who shouldn't have to know anything about our passtime to buy someone a gift attached to a well known name will get ripped off?

how thoughtful.

Squidders, please keep in mind that this idea was borne from a chat with Mors regarding the ridiculous price that ebay items that mention a big name in the field bring and the stupidity of it all. He posed for that picture with this in mind with the understanding that any funds raised will go straight to charity so it's not an actual 'rip-off' but a charity sale - for a giggle.

Edit - it was actually hanked by Mors own hands ;) buy now to save disappointment :D

mick miller

Jan 4, 2008
Herts.
Just to start it off I've placed a bid...the princely sum of £1.10. I have to say that's approximately half the value of beer I spat over my keyboard when I saw the photo of Mors.

The whole idea is simply priceless however!

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I made my previous statement on behalf of everyone who has been given a crap present by someone who would be very hurt if they found out they had been ripped off for someone's entertainment.

Strikes me as cruel regardless of who initiated it.

Tripitaka

Nomad
Apr 13, 2008
Vancouver Island, BC.

how thoughtful.

If my wife bought it for me, I'd be chuffed because it WOULD have been thoughtful. She buys me cider and pork scratchings instead though.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Ahh, give over you old grumps! :D

Some people will pay the earth for tat, you know that as well as the rest of us. By buying this ultra awesome cordage, they will be inadvertently giving to charity, so it's not a bad thing. What it will prove is that people on eBay can be total suckers for a marketing gimmick, if you knew where the string came from you'd be quite surprised.

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales

how thoughtful.

I don't think you need to be so defensive mate, it's clear from the post that the winner is buying a length of "string", if there prepared to pay over the odds because it's past through the hands of someone famous then good luck to them, as quoted in another post, a fool and his money are easily parted.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I know this whole thing is light hearted and i'm not pissy or being pissy.

but even if the poor sod with the lowest IQ in the world buys this, you're making fun of them and that's just now what good people do really... well, not in my mind.

Maybe we should make some sort of bushcraft wheelchair friendly ramp thing that makes the disabled people fall on their faces... nothing serious, just light hearted laughing at some less "in the know" or fortunate.

I'm sure that would also get some laughs.

I haven;'t lost perspective, I know this is a tiny tiny laugh but as with special occasions, it's the thought that counts isn't it. ;)

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I think if somebody bought that string for me and I found out that it was a wind up. I would be just as entertained as I am already! :D

Also, just because it's tat it doesn't mean that the gift wouldn't be appreciated as thoughtful. Nobody is likely to pay stupid money for it even if it were handled by the Queen!

Matt Weir

Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I know this whole thing is light hearted and i'm not pissy or being pissy.

but even if the poor sod with the lowest IQ in the world buys this, you're making fun of them and that's just now what good people do really... well, not in my mind.

Maybe we should make some sort of bushcraft wheelchair friendly ramp thing that makes the disabled people fall on their faces... nothing serious, just light hearted laughing at some less "in the know" or fortunate.

I'm sure that would also get some laughs.

I haven;'t lost perspective, I know this is a tiny tiny laugh but as with special occasions, it's the thought that counts isn't it. ;)

Squidders,

The worst thing that can happen is the someone will give some expendable cash - which is expendable if you are browsing ebay for 'bushcraft cordage' - to charity and receive exactly what they buy, it's not a rip off like a kidney dialysis machine made from cardboard, it is what it says on the tin.

:deal:

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Now who's being defensive?

:D

You don't need to justify yourself to me at all. As long as you're all happy you're doing good in the world that's what matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE