It's up for sale !!! The Best Bushcraft Kit EVER !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martyn

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Item now withdrawn from sale.....

It was a bit of a joke that's gone awry and to be honest if I'd known it would go this far I wouldn't have bothered in the 1st place. Sincerest apologies to all those who felt strongly about it and it's now all gone.....

On the positive side though...... I have a bit of string worth £92....:lmao:

Dave if I'd of been there at the time, I'd of been laughing with you. I know there was no foul intended, I just think it's one of those times when a joke runs a bit too far. But you've done the right thing pulling it. :)

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
I certainly didn't see any "direct deception that would stand up in court". :confused: :dunno:

You want something that would stand up in court as evidence of intent to decieve? How about this...

For those who don't know, whilst on Mors' course after the Moot, we decided to sell a hank of the cordage he used in his lectures on Ebay, just to see how gullible people are.:lmao:

WELL !! Here is the link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260272248474
;)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
To be honest, if all trace of this thread were to dissapear, I wouldn't think it was a bad thing. It seems a harmless prank has been blown out of all proportion and we're moments away from BcUKs' first kangaroo court!

scanker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Cardiff, South Wales
But deception would be if it was purported to be something that it was not. The description didn't contain lies - that would be deception. Attempting to sell something just to see what someone's willing to pay isn't deception. It's pulled now, so there's not a lot of point in continuing with this.

Pfff. Talk of "deception" and "courts". It's ridiculous. It was a joke that some people didn't see the funny side of.

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Are you joking? 92 quid! I didn't think it would go that far!

You can hear the conversation cant ya...

"thanks luv, it's a nice thought and mors kochanski's own cord you say"
"yeah, there was a picture of him holding it and I know how much you like him"
"Cool, how much did you pay for it?"
"well there was a lot of bidders, but I got it for £92 quid"
"WHAT??? - what have yer got between yer ears woman?"

It isn't anybody's birthday is it? That would be poetic.

:D

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
But deception would be if it was purported to be something that it was not. The description didn't contain lies - that would be deception. Attempting to sell something just to see what someone's willing to pay isn't deception. It's pulled now, so there's not a lot of point in continuing with this.

Pfff. Talk of "deception" and "courts". It's ridiculous. It was a joke that some people didn't see the funny side of.

'The description didn't contain lies' - Yes it did.
'Attempting to sell something just to see what someone's willing to pay isn't deception.' - But the advert didn't say that it was just a lark designed to see what people would pay. That is deception.

Yes, talk of 'deception' and 'courts' is ridiculous, which is why the advert was withdrawn. But ask yourself, in deciding whether it was deceptive or not, if YOU had bought it (or anything else for that matter) for such a sum of money what would YOU do? Eh? There's your answer.
As has been said, it was an (ill-conceived) joke that went too far. Let's not whip ourselves anymore into a frenzy. I'm already bored of having to defend the point. I've said enough.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Good call Neil :You_Rock_

It was a joke that went a bit too far in proving the point, what was advertised was what it was, a length of string that Mors thought was excellent string with all the qualities listed.

I'm going to close this one as it's going to go around in circles. Good call to you as well Dave, it's easy to see where these things get out of hand on ebay and on here.

£92 though...that's just mad :yelrotflm

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE