It's up for sale !!! The Best Bushcraft Kit EVER !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
You can't have it... i'm going to mug some loser off on ebay by selling it with a picture of someone famous... it'll be a hoot.

Maybe we can feel superior together when I place the auction?

:p

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Any one got an idea as to what charity the money is going to?, i assume, as this is all done with Mors consent that a charity would have been discussed and decided upon prior to the sale proceeding?

So where's the string from then Spam?

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
:yelrotflm :yelrotflm :yelrotflm .....Class!.....got it 'watched' right now......get it sent t' the media bro.....then watch the Gold pour in!...ahahahahahahahah
:You_Rock_

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Chill out, no-ones trying to be superior, it's a social experiment, a giggle, someone who wants it gets exactly what is for sale which is some of Mors' cord and whatever charity it turns out to be benefits in a small way :) The only thing which could be construed as misleading is that there is no mention of the fact that the proceeds will go to charity but then that would skew the original point.

That's not a defence as none is needed, it's a simple explanation of the situation.

Edit: to add a touch of background it was a bit of a running joke that virtual everything we made/did/saw over the course was going on ebay. Dave being Dave came through with this ;)

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
OOOps did I rattle a cage or two?? :lmao:

Damn it's not like me?? Perhaps I should go cover my face in ash and put feathers in my hat.... THE HORROR....THE HORROR:slap:

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
So some poor girlfriend/wife/parent of a bushcrafter who shouldn't have to know anything about our passtime to buy someone a gift attached to a well known name will get ripped off?

how thoughtful.

Totally agree with you mate. It might be a joke, but this "bushcraftier than thou giggle" is going to be at some poor idiots expense.

Martyn

Aug 7, 2003
staffordshire
www.britishblades.com
Chill out, no-ones trying to be superior, it's a social experiment, a giggle,

...bollox. You're having a laff at someone else's gullibility. If you're gonna do it, do it, but dont try and give it credibility by claiming it's motivated by some kind of higher moral purpose. It's a childish sneer at somebody else's stupidity, nothing more.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Totally agree with you mate. It might be a joke, but this "bushcraftier than thou giggle" is going to be at some poor idiots expense.

...bollox. You're having a laff at someone else's gullibility. If you're gonna do it, do it, but dont try and give it credibility by claiming it's motivated by some kind of higher moral purpose. It's a childish sneer at somebody else's stupidity, nothing more.

I think you're getting a bit too worked up over nothing Martyn. If somebody wants to pay an arm and a leg for a bit of string that has been posted on eBay, whose fault is that? I seem to recall somebody over on BB finding the same knife he was about to bid on on eBay in a shop for a quarter of the price. A lucky escape their and a lesson learnt. Folk should do a bit of shopping about if they want something cheap, but the majority of folk on eBay get into bidding wars over nothing and bump the price right up. If anybody spends ten quid on a bit of nylon string, then threy deserve a bit more than parting with their money!

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I think who ever listed that string on ebay, should be deeply ashamed of themselves, not for parting someone from their hard earned cash, P. T. Barnum said “there is one born every minute” WC fields said "Never give a sucker an even break”
but to link forever the name of Mors Kochanski, Lars Falt, and Ray Mears with the fake Barbeque Grylls, that sir is is beyond the pail. ;)

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
I am quite tempted to buy this, break it up into 1 foot long pieces, and sell. It would probably make me a nice bit of cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE