Delamere working weekend

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Sorry it has took a while to get back to people on this one, but I have a date!
7th,8th and 9th of September is a little later than ideal, but is the first quiet weekend at the site. It will be basically the same as a normal meet but we will offer our services to do what needs doing, this will be jobs such as ditch cleaning and brush clearing, but it will still leave us plenty of social time! If anyone has "special skills" that might be useful(chainsaw LICENCE for example), post up or drop me a PM, I will let them know but it will all depend on the jobs that are needed done.
For people that weren't at the last meet during discussions people thought it might be a good idea to put something back and give a bit of their time to helping out at the scout site we have been using for the NW meets. The site is run by volounteers in the main and they have been really accomodating when we have held meets there. Plus it was an excuse to have another meet!
I am using the site on Wednesday so I will have a word with the warden to sort out details, and then let people know what they are letting themselves in for!

Thanks in advance for everyones help, from me(as a Cheshire Scouter) and on behalf of the site team.

PS, Don't forget about Matts meet up, http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21170 , at the end of November, another scout site that has a lot to offer bushcrafters.

thingswelike

Forager
Jun 15, 2007
Peak District
Hi Goose - what do you reckon a family of four could do to help out?
We'd be happy to do litterpicking accross the site - we noticed (and picked up) loads there before.
Let us know.
Cheers
Alex

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Count me in Goose, i shall be happy to offer my services.

Simon.

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Was looking forward to legally being able to carry an axe and the usual sharps to this meet (and helping out :) ) but we are backpacking in France. :( :)

Hope the weather is good for you all.

Stu

corr

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2006
crewe, cheshire
im in don't know about the friday will see but will be there

and by traid im a joiner have used but NO licens for chainsaw but if theres any thing els joiner
wise let me know allso can bring shuvel or 2

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Looks like I will be ground dwelling again! I just got back from a last minute night out with the kids and froze my butt off in my hammock! Unless I have an underblanket, I will be on the deck with the grubs and bugs! :D

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Count me in. got chainsaw/climbing licence and all the climbing gear chainsaws etc if u need them.

corr

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2006
crewe, cheshire
so list looks like this ATM update if needed :)
Goose
Spamel
Wayland
Thingswelike
PCMCBear
Aragorn
Soar
BDM
Corr
Wanderingstar + ben
xylaria
ED's
Singeblister
Addo
Mattweir

:1244:

so if you are thare and cant be or not and can be just update it :)

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
chaps :(

Cant make it. Got an early appointment sent thro today, to have an operation on my leg on mon 3rd sep. So wont be able to walk, climb, work, camp, drive for ages. Guess I'll be doing some drinkin then! Gutted, as a comb of tree work and bushcraftyness would have been spot on. Should be ok for middlewood thou.

Addo.:rant:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE