New member from the Midlands

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul Hammock

Dec 3, 2023
West Midlands
Hi Everyone, I'm a new member and am wondering why I didn't join earlier, the site looks amazing !. About 12-13 years ago for a birthday present my pal bought me a ticket to The Bushcraft Show in The lake district, and that lit the passion fuse for all things bushcraft. I'm a people person who loves spending time in the woods either on my own or with others. I generally hammock, have camped out every year since that 1st bushcraft show, the challenge though has been finding locations. I was recommended to join this site last week and now that I have done so, I'm really looking forward to being part of this community. Ideally I would love to hook up with people/meets/woods local to me, I'm about 30 minutes away from Birmingham airport. Interested in everything bushcraft, would love to know more about tree identification and cast iron pan cooking, I still need to use my 4.5ltr that I bought last year :) All the best ...Paul

Last edited:

Paul Hammock

Dec 3, 2023
West Midlands
Welcome to the forum Paul :)
The BCUK Moots are now held at Rough Close Scout Campsite, Berkswell, CV7 7DD which can't be far from you.
Hi Broch, thanks for the info, yep have checked them out and about 30 minutes away so amazing ! I'm not sure how to join/approach a group on here, I've reached out to them so hopefully I can visit them soon.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Hi Broch, thanks for the info, yep have checked them out and about 30 minutes away so amazing ! I'm not sure how to join/approach a group on here, I've reached out to them so hopefully I can visit them soon.
If you're able to make the meet, even for a day, you just post your name on the list as per the instructions.

Failing that drop @woodspirits a message :)

Reactions: Paul Hammock

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Hi Everyone, I'm a new member and am wondering why I didn't join earlier, the site looks amazing !. About 12-13 years ago for a birthday present my pal bought me a ticket to The Bushcraft Show in The lake district, and that lit the passion fuse for all things bushcraft. I'm a people person who loves spending time in the woods either on my own or with others. I generally hammock, have camped out every year since that 1st bushcraft show, the challenge though has been finding locations. I was recommended to join this site last week and now that I have done so, I'm really looking forward to being part of this community. Ideally I would love to hook up with people/meets/woods local to me, I'm about 30 minutes away from Birmingham airport. Interested in everything bushcraft, would love to know more about tree identification and cast iron pan cooking, I still need to use my 4.5ltr that I bought last year :) All the best ...Paul
Paul welcome to the forum. great to have you. you will find everything you want to learn on here and more . dale x

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE