Climate Change I hope this is not to political but it is so important

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
sticker,375x360.png

your wrong mountain man, it is a mistaken conspiracy that black adder says wibble, in the script he said wobble, on the tv he said wobble, it is a control structure to brain wash the populace into, quick pro quo, subserviance.

Truth midnighthound is truth, and is compensated for in your brain by creating a idea of beligerance for it, only the repeated denial cycle is beligaerant, anger/fear. Either you knew that, or you didn't, but I really can't let that slip.

I also agree ,Hypebolic reiteration I can't be bothered to take the time with. Man must be free etc, but its got the nutritional value of parsnips, ok once in a while.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Sir Fred was probably wrong about the Steady State Universe but as far as I can check/remember he never suggested an Electric Universe. See his novel The Black Cloud where he allows himself to roam about in his imagination and dismiss the Big Bang theory but no Electric Universe.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
And the fact that people actually think the Trivium and Quadrivium are taught in school here says a lot really!

I was talking to Pliny the elder the other day. (I call him Giaus). He was bemoaning the state of modern education.... It was so much better back in those days. Our grasp of medicine, science, technology and history. Look at us now! Talk about dark ages.....

By Jupiter!

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Sir Fred was probably wrong about the Steady State Universe but as far as I can check/remember he never suggested an Electric Universe. See his novel The Black Cloud where he allows himself to roam about in his imagination and dismiss the Big Bang theory but no Electric Universe.

Noooooo.... Don't open Pandora's box!

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
More of a "wubble"

I think you'll find it isn't.

"There's considerable debate among Blackadder fans whether Captain Edmund Blackadder said "wibble" "wobble" "wubble" or even "bibble.The majority view seems to be that it's "wibble" although in Blackadder II, Edmund is given to comment to the queen "And in Genoa, it is the custom to stand with one foot in a bucket, pin a live frog to one's shoulder braid, and go 'Bibble' at passers-by."

you can post you tube clips, to try and claim your point but thats just you trying to stifle honest debate.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Earth heating or Earth liable to a sudden drop in temperature would seem relevant to the OP. Credibility of proponents of the various theories is also relevant.

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Earth heating or Earth liable to a sudden drop in temperature would seem relevant to the OP. Credibility of proponents of the various theories is also relevant.

Given the last ice age nearly killed us off I think any change of temperature should be viewed with concern and preventative measures taken where possible.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
LOL, really, well this is not a normal case, I often use Latin phrases, part of my training I guess and it is the foundation of much of our English language, it gives a much better understanding of what modern English words really mean when you look at the root Latin verbs they have been derived from. As for intimidating people into submission, I am an educator, I share knowledge and sow seeds, sometimes on barren ground, sometimes on fertile ground, I have no interest in intimidating anyone, I believe in the non-aggression principle (right brain) and the self-defence principle (left brain).

I do wonder if your observation extends to French though. If I say 'Your parcel is en route' does that mean I have lost it?' or how about 'Adieu', does that mean that I bid you farewell now I have lost the argument? :D

You forget, you are not the only educator around here and I look at our language from a much broader historical perspective which shows that only a small part of our diverse vocabulary is derived from Latin. The majority of our native tongue descends from Germanic influences overlaying earlier "Celtic" Indo-European roots, something that people with a so called "classical" education so often tend to ignore.

Interesting sidebar - when I learnt Latin at school, we were taught "beginner's" conjugation using Paro ("I fight/make war"). Girls schools learnt Amo ("I love"). Sexism? Or the simple realisation that if you give a boy a doll, he'll make believe it's a Stuka:)

Must admit to admiring the self-adoration posts though! Although, truth be told, I have found over the last 40+ years in the "real world", 50 countries and 6 continents, that full/part-time "educators" (and I'm assuming here we're talking about teachers/lecturers rather than placard-wearing weirdies at Speakers Corner, although come to think of it, it applies to them too) tend to be fairly insulated from it............

I work with over 350 schools on a three year repeating cycle and I am constantly amazed by the number of teachers I meet that have never been anything but students or teachers. Many of them even marry other teachers and think that their schools actually represent the real world in some way.

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
There are amazing teachers, there are average teachers and there are bad teachers. Like every other occupation.

But I know one thing for sure, teachers are to blame for climate change.

Bare with me, it's all the hot air generated by the national curriculum. If only we'd stuck to the secret Roman methods and none of this Prussian rubbish

*shakes fist at Prussians*

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Don't get me wrong, I'm not commenting on the ability of teachers to do their job, just their insulation from the real world.

Lol, said the man who dresses up as a Viking and drives a van full of swords spears and axes...

Anyhow...

They won't need that insulation once the global temperatures start rising exponentially!

*shakes fist at exponentially rising temperatures*

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE