Climate Change & Survival.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Anthropogenic global warming & climate change is accelerating & worsening. The UK has experienced these disasters recently, & so has the rest of Europe. Here in Australia we are experiencing unprecedented floods. Science predicts that society could collapse within the next 20 years, & todays youth may not survive climate change. This is a climate emergency, & yet life for most people goes on as if nothing is happening.

Are any of you preparing for the coming disasters? What are your preparations?
Keith.

The UN Just Dropped Another Incredibly Bleak Climate Change Report
Climate change is set to cause the collapse of food and water supplies, scientists warn
Global Warming Is Outrunning Efforts to Protect Human Life, Scientists Warn

'Delay means death': UN's call for climate change action

Climate Change Evidence: How Do We Know?
Scientific Consensus: Earth's Climate is Warming
Climate change: evidence and causes | Royal Society
Top scientists warn of 'ghastly future of mass extinction' and climate disruption

https://theconversation.com/climate...ay-have-to-abandon-much-of-its-farming-166098

Dire impact of climate emergency on children revealed
People under 40 will experience 'unprecedented life' of climate change disasters, study says

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...-could-start-2050-if-we-do-noting/1356865001/

‘The only uncertainty is how long we’ll last’: a worst case scenario for the climate in 2050
https://www.trtworld.com/life/extinction-disease-heat-to-hit-earth-sooner-than-feared-un-draft-report-47758

Climate change widespread, rapid, and intensifying - IPCC
'Very grim world': Dr David Suzuki's prediction for the future

'Uninhabitable hell': Climate change and disease threaten millions
Welcome to the Anthropocene Age. Will it be the end of us?
More Frequent, Severe Climate-Fueled Disasters Exacerbate Humanitarian Crises
‘High likelihood of human civilisation coming to end’ by 2050, report finds
Human society has 90% chance of collapsing in the next few decades. But why?
Inquiry hears natural disasters likely to become more intense and frequent in future | Sky News Australia
Anthropogenic climate change accelerating faster than earlier, natural analogs - Advanced Science News
Climate change is only going to make health crises like coronavirus more frequent and worse
'My home is touched by the sea': Climate change displacing one person every two seconds, Oxfam says
'Uninhabitable Hell:' UN Report Warns of Planet's Future for Millions Without Climate Action
Are We Really Past the Point of No Return on Climate? Scientists Respond To Controversial New Study
2 °C of Warming Could Open The Floodgates For 230 Billion Tons of Carbon to Escape
Global warming is on pace for catastrophic 3.3º C without drastic measures
Whatever happens … it’s the end of the world as we know it https://www.ecowatch.com/climate-st...ns-2648886531.html?rebelltitem=3#rebelltitem3
Australia's Bushfires Burned an Area Twice the Size of Florida. Climate Change Means That's Just the Beginning, a New Report Warns
Global warming likely to increase disease risk for animals worldwide
A warning on climate and the risk of societal collapse | Letter
Global warming at 'boiling point', warns expert
As World Teeters on Brink, Over 250 Scientists and Scholars Warn of Full-Fledged 'Societal Collapse'
Climate change can disrupt food availability, reduce access to food, and affect food quality. For example, projected increases in temperatures, changes in precipitation patterns, changes in extreme weather events, and reductions in water availability may all result in reduced agricultural productivity.
Climate Impacts on Agriculture and Food Supply | US EPA
How Climate Change Will Alter Our Food
http://www.fao.org/elearning/course/FCC/EN/pdf/learnernotes0854.pdf
Climate Change Threatens the World’s Food Supply, United Nations Warns (Published 2019)
Climate explained: how climate change will affect food production and security
How climate change threatens food security (and why we're all at risk)

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Has a greta thunberg lackey hacked Le loups account?
flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Reactions: Emerson

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
I don’t think ‘science’ has quite predicted that society will collapse in 20 years. It will very certainly be different… The current war may give some focus to our oil and gas based world economy and the effects it has on climate and climate change.

I’m taking practical steps now to reduce my own carbon footprint but I’m not prepping for 20 years time.

I don’t think ‘science’ has quite predicted that society will collapse in 20 years. It will very certainly be different… The current war may give some focus to our oil and gas based world economy and the effects it has on climate and climate change.

I’m taking practical steps now to reduce my own carbon footprint but I’m not prepping for 20 years time.
‘High likelihood of human civilisation coming to end’ by 2050, report finds
Human society has 90% chance of collapsing in the next few decades. But why?

MIT Predicted in 1972 That Society Will Collapse This Century. New Research Shows We’re on Schedule.​

https://www.vice.com/en/article/z3x...it-prediction-that-society-will-collapse-soon

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I did not expect to see such rudeness on this forum, very disappointing.
Keith.
Seriously you expected that sort of contribution to get a warm reception?

It's junk food

For somone who usally offers meticulous anthropologic content this is just click bate drama

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
It's funny how these articles always quote think tank papers that are never peer reviewed or published in real scientific jounals

you only have to turn to the bible to see the world has been ending as soon a humans realised it existed

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I did not expect to see such rudeness on this forum, very disappointing.
Keith.

I agree, but sadly this is the attitude of many grown men who feel its acceptable to attack and mock a young girl who trys to tell how it is, what they see, and that they are scared and worried by what they see happening. It's apparently inconceivable that a teenager has any insight worth diddly to a man who feels that they know more than them simply because they have lived longer.
I put it down to fear of loosing their comfortable lifestyles they have worked so hard for, not realising that that very action is what's causing climate change problems.
I too have been saying this for many long fruitless years. Deaf ears I'm afraid .
Still, as it won't affect them, only their children and grandchildren, who cares?
I'm with you on this, and sadly, the only reception you will get on here is complete denial, and rudeness. I've had it myself from some here when I tried to mention it in the past. So have others.
Still, lets play on while the ship sinks eh?

Last edited:

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I agree, but sadly this is the attitude of many grown men who feel its acceptable to attack and mock a young girl who trys to tell how it is, what they see, and that they are scared and worried by what they see happening. It's apparently inconceivable that a teenager has any insight worth diddly to a man who feels that they know more than them simply because they have lived longer.
I put it down to fear of loosing their comfortable lifestyles they have worked so hard for, not realising that that very action is what's causing climate change problems.
I too have been saying this for many long fruitless years. Deaf ears I'm afraid .
Still, as it won't affect them, only their children and grandchildren, who cares?
I'm with you on this, and sadly, the only reception you will get on here is complete denial, and rudeness. I've had it myself from some here when I tried to mention it in the past.
Still, lets play on while the ship sinks eh?
I guarantee you'll look back on that post in 25 years and laugh

Reactions: Oppopp and sidpost

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I don't think it's denial. I think it's a hearty dose of scepticism.

What can't change dies.
That's reality that has proven itself since the dinosaurs or before.

But changing realities takes time unless you actually want to live in a disaster.

Most folks will quietly get on board with managing to be more aware of multiple issues, habits, resources, etc., but to claim that life will implode and society will fall when all evidences show that regardless of the upheaval, be it disease, natural disaster, war, drought, etc., that society re-establishes itself. Trade re-establishes, law and order re-establish, and life goes on.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I guarantee you'll look back on that post in 25 years and laugh

I've been campaigning on this topic for well over 40 years already when it wasn't so obvious. I look back and I'm still not laughing, so I doubt another 25 yrs will make any difference.
I doubt your grandkids will be laughing either.
On another thread you were combative and dismissive(mythsqashing, warmer climes) so I'd not expect you to be any different now.
Some people are just so convinced they are right, no amount of evidence will convince them otherwise.....I mean, look at trump still spouting his I'm right and everything else is false news, despite proof to the contrary.
Wake up !we don't need scientific papers to see forest fires and massive flooding, islands sinking, massive storms etc, just turn on the television and see for yourself!
The evidence is mounting to undeniable levels, but the blind don't see.

Last edited:

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor

Can I ask, if this was your daughter, would you be happy with grown men making such remarks about her, using her as memes to take the Mickey out of others who might agree with her, or would you lend her proper parental support?
I dare say if she was campaigning against child abuse you'd all be agreeing with her, instead you abuse her, and use her to abuse others .
Disgusting! Absolutely disgusting!

Last edited:

nigelp

Native
Jul 4, 2006
New Forest
newforestnavigation.co.uk
I’m not dismissing the need to act on the climate emergency. There is absolutely no doubt that we need to act now to prevent further long term effects, or to reduce them. I don’t however get to excited by some of the websites you quoted because they are ‘sensational’ articles. I’m not totally dismissing what they are saying with regard to 20 years time, but I’m trying to act now and role model those actions to my 13 year old now.

As for the usual climate change denial rubbish, I ignore those people because they are now so far removed from reality that they are laughable. They talk science but clearly don’t understand it and then just attack, attack and attack because they don’t want to change a world that is balanced to them and their needs.

Suffolkrafter

Settler
Dec 25, 2019
Suffolk
Models predict a range of outcomes of varying likelihood, with either extreme being the least likely outcome. As climate change progresses and science progresses the range of outcomes narrows.
But the point is that even the best case scenario involves temerature increases that will cause mass displacement of populations, food disruption, extreme weather events and so on. You can of course find argument (denial) to the contrary, and there are those who use uncertainty in predictions as a basis for denial, but then that's to contradict scientific consensus.

I too am disappointed in some of the comments here. I've spent time in Australia and climate change is a matter of life and death there. It's no joke. As for Greta, if she were a middle aged man she would not get this treatment. But age is no guarantee of wisdom.

I hope that the one good thing that could come from the current war is increased investment in green energy and that we finally wean ourselves off fossil fuels, at least to the required degree. But if it takes a war to achieve this, then my god that is a sad inditiment on our society.

This forum is one of the kinder and more respectful corners of the internet, I hope it can remain so even when emotive topics are discussed.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
World is changing and has been changing during it´s excistense, so what? We just have to take the punches as they come. Dinosaurs died, human mankind might seize to exist on this planet too one day, so what? No biggie. Earth don´t need us, it gets on fine without us. Acctualy this planet would do better without any human interference. Every one of us dies one day. This whole planet will die in about 4 billion years when our sun burns out, according to scientists.

Suffolkrafter

Settler
Dec 25, 2019
Suffolk
World is changing and has been changing during it´s excistense, so what? We just have to take the punches as they come.
But isn't that like saying that if you get ill, there's no point in treating yourself because it's natural, and one day you'll die anyway so there's no point? Can we really absolve ourselves of responsibility to our species and the wider planet just because one day in the future we will all die out regardless? I personally don't agree with that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE