Cegga group buy - the final thread!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
cegga, if you have definitely sent that axe to jonathan i suggest you get in touch with whoever you sent it with and see if they will refund you the postage and the axe cost. then just hope it turns up later anyway.
i think its fair that DFCA has that other axe that was sent incorrectly... could you organise it with stu then?

i have someone to take familne's place already. sorry to hear about the vet bills! :( will you be looking to get an axe later?

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
That one you not can sell if jonathans axe don't show up i will send that one to him
cegga
cegga, if you have definitely sent that axe to jonathan i suggest you get in touch with whoever you sent it with and see if they will refund you the postage and the axe cost. then just hope it turns up later anyway.
i think its fair that DFCA has that other axe that was sent incorrectly... could you organise it with stu then?

i have someone to take familne's place already. sorry to hear about the vet bills! :( will you be looking to get an axe later?

EmmaD

Forager
Feb 27, 2011
South Staffs
Jonathan would have put his address on all correspondence as he is very meticulate about doing that, so the one at Shaggystus will not be his. As of 11am today, Jonathans is still awol. There was a red Royal Mail card through the door that was posted yesterday. I have just got back from the sorting office and it is a small package from South Africa and not his axe. I asked the really unhelful person behind the counter to check for any other held parcels outstanding for that address and the only one they have on the system was the special delivery I picked up last Thursday which was the Bayley knife.

I have never dealt with an awol parcel from Europe, so do I need to report it this end. The RM person I asked just told me to contact the sender as it was nothing to do with them. I would be on a disciplinary if I spoke to people like that in my job.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Hi
that's good do so and then i send you the money it cost for you to send the axes to him
cegga

ok i shall do that, i don't think i'll be going into town until monday so i shall post it then, and i'll let you know what it costs me cegga.

DFCA - PM me your address mate, i think i may have found your axe!

really glad we've finally got this resolved, one cegga axe arriving that wasn't for me was bad enough, but two.........oh dear, i've had to exercise a rarely seen level of restraint!

stuart

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
.....Hope no one has objections then - sitting tight in anticipation.....

i think it's all good mate, EmmaD is of the opinion that the aex i've got isn't jonathans, there's no other axes outstanding, and cegga's happy for me to pass it on to you.

send me your address mate, quickly quickly i'm off to town in 5 minutes!

stuart

EmmaD

Forager
Feb 27, 2011
South Staffs
Cegga, your message box is all full up.

From what I can understand of this thread, the two axes turning up at Stus came about from someone (DFCA) not putting his address on the Paypal payment. I know that Jonathan would have done this. His axe has either been snaffled by customs or a light fingered postal worker, or in the system god-knows-where. Of all the items to go missing, it had to be his and at this time didn't it! I know he'll blame me.

Last edited:

DFCA

Nomad
Aug 11, 2009
Monmouthshire
Mine arrived safely this morning :)

Many many thanks to Scorpio for organizing the GB, shaggystu for forwarding me the axe and of course to Cegga for his fine craftsmanship.

Another ambition achieved, to own a Cegga axe (ticks box!)

A very chuffed Dave

ps - hope all goes well with tracking down Jonathons axe too :)

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
i have thought about getting a couple of damascus axes made... but they will be pretty expensive. i dont know what the demand is for such a beautiful axe. i couldnt bring myself to use one.

karlch

Feb 6, 2011
hull
i have thought about getting a couple of damascus axes made... but they will be pretty expensive. i dont know what the demand is for such a beautiful axe. i couldnt bring myself to use one.
if you dont mind telling what was the price ?id definately have one or two lol

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
what style are you thinking of. personally i love the idea of the gotlands axe in damascus... but there not nearly ready yet.
i dont think a damascus group buy will get many names though. and i would hate for postage issues like we have had to arise with that amount of £££ in an axe going missing.
speaking of that, what has happened cegga? you must be able to tell where the axe is from the people you used to send it...

Last edited:

karlch

Feb 6, 2011
hull
what style are you thinking of. personally i love the idea of the gotlands axe in damascus... but there not nearly ready yet.
i dont think a damascus group buy will get many names though. and i would hate for postage issues like we have had to arise with that amount of £££ in an axe going missing.
speaking of that, what has happened cegga? you must be able to tell where the axe is from the people you used to send it...
what is a gotlands type axe? i think the viking style he has done or the hatchet would like nice especialy if they were in my grubby hands!its not so much the pricing on these but having something with that much quality in it
cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE