can lannyman come out to play?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Hey T-Bagginton!!

i shall drive thee up north sonny Jim,

no probs,....

is little Sam coming too?...

lets get a dtae sorted then,....

Jamie?....Christoph???

toilet digger

Native
Jan 26, 2011
burradon northumberland
i am definately in, and i have a superb friction fire method to showcase, it'll blow your mind!
as to the meat - another yes
will have chains and tongs for lanny.
and some more plastic pants for merrygold to ''CHAR''

oh and a bit of good news, spoke to the principle of my old college (no longer a student but at the mo working there) and i can basha in the woods during the week :cool:

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
ok ok ok, i know the dates, i am going to try and find out 2moz, it might be the weekend of the 24th, but not sure just yet, defo dates to come next week gents, and again sorry for the delay...:(

regards.

chris.

freedom

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2011
liverpool
hi guys,
my names is phil and would be interested in your gathering on the 24th and 25th sept. so if it is ok with you could i come long and would really appreciate it, i need the practise i am new to the bushcraft seen.

cheers,
phil

kendalphil

Jan 16, 2011
kendal cumbria
Hi All,

New to bushcraft need to progress within the learning curve and seeing that you lads had a fantasic weekend last site visit, just a few following advice required.

Location,
Parking,
Is there a nearby water source etc.

I live in kendal Cumbria and driving to the site if anybody would like a lift and share travel costs.

Thanks for the chance to come.

Regards

Phil

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
You must been in league with my boss, i'm on call AGAIN!!!!!!

ah sorry dude...:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

thats the only weekend i can get away, charity event to sort and recce, very very busy at the moment..again...:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

the good news is im suppost to move for another 2 years so plenty of time to get away in the future, we will also have some winter meets around Nov Dec or Jan time.... n othing quite like going to bed in normal woods and waking up with a layer of snow, beautiful is winter....;)

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Hi All,

New to bushcraft need to progress within the learning curve and seeing that you lads had a fantasic weekend last site visit, just a few following advice required.

Location,
Parking,
Is there a nearby water source etc.

I live in kendal Cumbria and driving to the site if anybody would like a lift and share travel costs.

Thanks for the chance to come.

Regards

Phil

how do Phil???

welcome to the site mate, Brockwell wood is 26 1/2 acres of pine and mixer woodland on the outskirts of Newcastle. The site is clean (mostly) and fires are fine, lots of dead wood around to burn for fuel. basic respect for the woodland is required, no choping down live wood etc, small twigs etc are fine to be removes as the owner is trying to open the wood up a little more (any questions about that just ask me when your there mate).

Parking is a bit of a pain, unless you have a 4x4 which means you can park right next to the wood and just stack up cars on the track.

water is up by the farm house, an outside tap safe to drink, there is also a small brook at the bottom of the wood, i have used it with a ceramic + iodine filter and im not dead yet, but it is recommended not to use it as its so close to Newcasle.

will post up links and threads form other outings in a bit, i just had a call to go and butcher a deer.....;)

speek soon dudes......

chris.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
good news i now have a make shift portable anvil for meets.....;)

events taking place then:-

forging
fire craft
flint napping (if we get time)
and if anyone can get bunnies Game prep

regards.

chris.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE