Bonekickers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

headrox_inc

Apr 8, 2008
Birmingham
Hey yarl, did anybody catch Boneckickers on BB1 one last night, thought it was well ace about the Knights Templar but went well off the plot. But for midweek TV it wasnt half bad, what were your thoughts on the show? Saying next weeks ep looks alittle forcoming as its about slavery, looks like each show will contain quiet abit of contervercy.

Laters

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I thought it was the worst thing the beeb have aired - funny how a wooden cross with leather ripped cord was dug up from Somerset mud after 700 years, and the 'Use your archaeological imagination' line made me cringe.

It was silly, disappointing considering the cast and talk about suspension of disbelief.

Tripe, utter tripe.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I had a nasty feeling it was going to be tripe from the trailers but I thought I'd give it the benefit of the doubt.

I managed to watch about ten minutes before wanting to gnaw my left arm off up to the elbow.

I would have started with my right arm but that was holding the remote with the off button so I used that instead.

What utter ............................................................................. ( Fill in the blanks and send on a postcard to the BBC.)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Oh, DRAMA!

...... what were your thoughts on the show?

First I knew about the program was this thread :eek: Sometimes ignorance is bliss :D

...... as the poster of this topic what i say goes ......

Unfortunately, in the opening post, you asked for opinions - no 'taksy-backsies' I'm afraid :nana: .

.... badger rule!!

If that's an 'extreme measure' then you can hole the end which bites :D . Come to that, I thought they had hair not scale.

ganstey

Settler
One of the actors, and the archaeological consultant were on some programme yesterday. I'd never heard of the actor, and found the consultant irritating (as I do when he's on Time Team). However, given that they said that the archaeological principles were sound, and based on actual finds I thought it was worth tuning in to the last 10 minutes when I got in from teaching.

I wish I hadn't bothered. It was a bit like Buffy using up the rejected scripts. And as for being based on reality, I'd like a pint of whatever they were drinking at the time :p

G

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
It was a bit of fun, but I dont remember being a digger being as much fun as that.. (then again I feel the same way about casualty as I guess archaeologists will about this)

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Well lets face it, archaeologists are daft anyway.
Every bog body was a human sacrifice.
The iceman was a human sacrifice
A stone with a number on it becomes the number of warriors possibly burried in the hillside.
most items found have `religious significance`, or were holy.

Nobody was ever just the victim of crime! And the people of the past never made jewelry for fun!

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
How convenient that the Templer cross on the cotton was preserved!

I was curious when they said (of the prefectly preserved piece of very biodegradable fabric that "it was preserved by the oxide on the chain mail". There is an example of fabric being preseved by iron oxide in the St Albans museum. The fabric has been replaced by the rust in such a way that the structure of the weaving can be seen in the oxide crust... not the other way round!

Still, will I watch it again... well it is bad enough to be funny if you're feeling down :)
Cheers,
Steve

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
I think Francis Pryor can be rather over enthusiastic at times. Everything is of ritual significance to him.
I've been to flag fen a couple of times and although it has improved it is still a bit of a waste of time for the visitor. Essentially - There were lots of wooden walkways here, on the edge of a very wet fen which was possibly open water and we don't know why there here. It was therefore ritual. I wonder if any of them have ever seen a jetty or pier?

Time Team itself is hilarious. They find 2ft of bricks from a corner and use this to "reconstruct" what the rest of the cathedral/manor/barracks/palace looked like.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
IIRC "ritual significance" is a bit of an in joke for archaeologists...

If they ever dig up a bushcrafter in 2000 years time, what could they reconstruct form the gear carried?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE