Log cabin Man cave project

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
No worries Red. (And kindly keep your costly ideas to yourself ;-) )

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Red..... please keep your time consuming diy projects to yourself..... ;-) ) way ahead of you mate

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Ahhhhh! Awesome.. it will be pushed into use for log shaping.. Any interest in some restore photos

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Very kind offer and I may well take you up. I am a way off the shingles though... the cabin is still in tree form....

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Looking good pignut

Some observations on the IBC tank in your plans (based on bitter experience of our 10 tanks)

1) Paint the liner with black bitumen paint of algae breeds in it like crazy - especially in Lincolnshire
2) Try to build a platform for the tank to sit on that is at least 2' from the floor. The tap is very low otherwise - impossible to put a jug or watering can under and you end up with a layer of water you can never use
3) Drill a small breather hole in the top cap - otherwise draining the water can collapse the liner
4) Get a 2" blanking plate for outlet tap and fit a hozelock adapter to it - you can then run a hose into the man cave for internal running water (or daisy chain additional tanks)

I have some left over bitumen if you would like a few pints.

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Sounds good red. I will heed your advice. You may have to pop over for a brew/beer when building starts

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
That looks like a fun project. It's worth digging out as much of the bramble roots as you can before you build over the top, they are devils for re-growing and they will push their way through almost anything.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Dunno if it's of any interest, but this is my new froe:

Froe01_sm.jpg

It was made for me by a friendly blacksmith, and I put the ash handle on it myself. The steel is EN45 steel. It's a beautiful tool to use, the temper is perfect with a beautiful springyness to the tool. The blade is 13" long

Julia

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE