2012 Arctic Courses. <<>> Discussion thread. <<>>

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Just checking out the flights. Norwegian is fine for getting back (except for the price - ouch!) but not for getting out in time without hanging around Bardufoss for a day. Any advice?

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Is anybody else growing a 'full set' for Norway. I'm 4 weeks in and no longer look anything like my passport photo!

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Is anybody else growing a 'full set' for Norway. I'm 4 weeks in and no longer look anything like my passport photo!

Nearer the time mate !
Iwill extend the 'Jazz beard and let the rest join in with a couple of weeks to go.
the Arctic in winter is no place for a smooth face!
Chris.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Thanks Wayland, I'll look at that, I want to get everything booked as soon as we get final confirmation of the itinerary from BE - my post was a bit of a knee-jerk; as a "typical" bushcrafter, I've been obsessing about kit instead of the essentials of getting there! :eek:

Got the beard though!

Ted

Into_the_wild

Tenderfoot
Dec 20, 2011
Neath
I'll have a nice smooth face, get to ichy with a half a set, let alone a full set. I couldn't grow one If I tried any how.
I'll just have to rely on joking fur that's all I can afford.Lol!

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Anyone taking a camera? Is it worth taking a full size SLR with battery grip or would I be better served by a compact camera with a few spare batteries?

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Anyone taking a camera?

Is water wet? :rofl I think Wayland might possibly have a Box Brownie along for the ride

Sorry, know that was a serious question, btw I noticed that 7dayshop had some packs of lithium batteries in their sale, no idea how competitive as I was looking for something else.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Anyone taking a camera? Is it worth taking a full size SLR with battery grip or would I be better served by a compact camera with a few spare batteries?

I'm taking both types, a tripod and a bag full of batteries too.

Because the basic course has fallen through I'll be doing some photography for a few days earlier but hopefully I'll still have some charge left for the course.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire

I think I'm taking a compact with 2 spare batteries and trying to keep them warm in my jacket. The SLR isn't appealling, although being able to take AA's may change my mind on it.

Sods law dictates that the best Aurora will happen on the last night with no battery power left.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
2 things to add to the list; spare memory card and another spare battery for the compact. Thanks guys :)

How many of us are taking snowshoes over?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE