2 year old Frazer and his 1st knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
For all those who don't want to carve their own. LINK

wood%20chopping%20set.jpg
wood%20chopping%20set%202.jpg

Cheers for pointing this one out . uploadfromtaptalk1375405941691.jpguploadfromtaptalk1375405984450.jpg and he already has a crossbow :D

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Sounds like a whittling project for this evening when the boy is staying at Nans :)
My littlun already knows how to use a screwdriver, pliers and a hammer so a logical step. Cant talk yet mind but can change the batteries in his toys already :)

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
good for you dwardo .
This thread is great , all these tools will do is teach motor skills to our nippers.
My boy has been hitting his fingers all morning with a wooden hammer .
but he keeps trying .

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
e3uru5ah.jpg

Felt inspired to have a go after seeing T2T marvellous creation it's not great and a bit rough round the edges but my little boy loves it and he's learning about safety with all knives.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
Great project Trev, wish my Dad made stuff like that for me when I was 2....Some really very nice ideas on this thread. So often Dads ignore their sons so its nice to do stuff together, if they dont learn from us, they'll earn off someone else and that often turns out for the worst....Who says they have to be a zombie in front of a commputer game or you need to spend 100's of pounds on things to pacify them?
What about a miniature canvas bucket? I made my son some small wooden wedges and a miniature wooden maul for log splitting, if nothing else we had a lot of fun and he developed a bit of coordination, strength, responsible behaviour etc. Its astonishing, now he knows exactly where to place a full metal wedge...
cheers Jonathan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE