2 year old Frazer and his 1st knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Well as title my lil man keeps asking ,for a knife chop chop daddy ,
So I thought well what harm can it do so he's got his very own bushy and dangler sheath.
All comments good and bad welcome .

null-46.jpg

I'm no expert and I see nothing wrong with what I've made my lil lad but if this offends anybody I will apologise in advance.
As my lil boy is always by my side watching me carve and make things with knives and follows me everywhere just thought this would be a safe way to educate Frazer on knife skills .
Hope you like it as much as Frazer.

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
mate I think it's brilliant and see no harm in teaching any child to use a tool .
I am going to make one for my 2 year old if you don't mind me stealing your genius .
And as we are all going to the moot he wont feel so left out .
But I ask would a wooden axe be a step to far ? :viking:

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
mate I think it's brilliant and see no harm in teaching any child to use a tool .
I am going to make one for my 2 year old if you don't mind me stealing your genius .
And as we are all going to the moot he wont feel so left out .
But I ask would a wooden axe be a step to far ? :viking:
Good for you bud I'm actually makin an axe this afternoon for him it's all marked out ready to be whittled.
I'm glad your boy will feel part of the team at the moot bless him and thanks for the kind words.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Good for you bud I'm actually makin an axe this afternoon for him it's all marked out ready to be whittled.
I'm glad your boy will feel part of the team at the moot bless him and thanks for the kind words.
Of course you can steal the idea mate but we all want to see him with his kit belt loaded with wooden tools to work and learn with

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Exactly the right way to go, Trev, teach 'em young!...........How else do we get well-adjusted people with a working knowledge of tools and what they're for?

Anybody who was offended by this would be saying much more about themselves than the good thing you're doing, no apologies required to anybody, mate....................atb mac

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Frazer has been sitting next to me with a stick pretending to make something with his wood knife bless him,
He won't put it down ,I think that was a great success he loves it.

Dannytsg

Native
Oct 18, 2008
England
No harm in it at all. If anything you are more responsible by allowing him to learn with you using such a safe platform. By the time he is old enough to handle a real knife he will have all the skills needed to make sure he does it safely and responsibly. nice work.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
No harm in it at all. If anything you are more responsible by allowing him to learn with you using such a safe platform. By the time he is old enough to handle a real knife he will have all the skills needed to make sure he does it safely and responsibly. nice work.
Thank you mate he loves it.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
That reminds me of a toy we got for our children when they were younger, a wooden knife [much more poorly made than your one] and some wooden fruit and veg which had been chopped in half and had velcro glued to them. The idea being the kids can 'cut' the fruit and veg up with the knife, then you discretely put them back together and hand them back to the kid to have another go - pretty soon they're making fruit salads:)

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
I can just see mums and dads whittling like made to get these made ready for the moot.
You can make replicas of your bushy tools and have a little kiddies competition at the moot just a thought .something like a mini makers competition the best made tool belt or axe ,knife ,dangler sheath etc .
I'm sure it would be great fun for the kids to model there bushy tools with all their new friends at the moot.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE