2 year old Frazer and his 1st knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Trev they're fantastic, you'll have a mini Davy Crocket on your hands now. Bet he charging about with those in a world of his own. Really cool.

Cheers mate!!! ya never know you might bump into him in the woods one day just look for the engraved tools you will know who he is.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
It's purely about educating them that the two should always go together

Exactly.
I did something to re-enforce this with a Scout group I worked with.
First day of the camp
"Who all has a knife?"
Hands go up.
"If you have a FAK, Put your hands down"
Most hands stay up.
"Everyone with their hands up, put your knives in an envelope and write your name on the front, you'll get it back when we go home"

Next camp, everyone had a FAK......

(To be fair, they were all warned it'd happen)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Well done, first class idea. Introduce children to different things the earlier you can especially food that way you get no 'fussy' eaters.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
T2T great pics of the axe and engraving work the kit looks fantastic. You can see the little chap is dead chuffed. Hopefully get a nice quiet day tomorrow and set to whittling.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
T2T great pics of the axe and engraving work the kit looks fantastic. You can see the little chap is dead chuffed. Hopefully get a nice quiet day tomorrow and set to whittling.
Good for you mate .
The lil lad in the photo is somebody else's his dad made him a knife after seeing my lads kit on here .
The bug is unleashed lets see some more kiddies tools being made .

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
Are you serious????
I'm not going to the moot but others will be with little kids .if they have wooden tools and do need a FAK I'm sure that wouldn't be a problem to add to their belt kit although I don't see the need .
Rules are rules I suppose.

Tongue in cheek, as in, that is the rule for metal knives*,

serious as in the reasons others have already mentioned about being a good part of the eduction about the two going together.

*I was going to say real knives and then I remembered Myke Hawke has instructions on how to make a wooden knife in his book.

Nice work and great idea.

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Tongue in cheek, as in, that is the rule for metal knives*,

serious as in the reasons others have already mentioned about being a good part of the eduction about the two going together.

*I was going to say real knives and then I remembered Myke Hawke has instructions on how to make a wooden knife in his book.

Nice work and great idea.
I did wonder but as I've not attended a moot I would not know of the rules anyway.
But rest assured my lil lad will have his own FAK when we are both in the woods

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Here's the pics as requested all pimped up and ready for the lil man .
Aka daddy's lil helper.
null-51.jpg

Superb! They look spot on.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Cool, very cute. With the haircut you'll have to carve him a Kentucky Long Rifle and he can pretend he's in Last of the Mohicans:) Great job by you and Mrs Trev.

ATB,
GB.

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Folding knife sounds good. Those kits listed earlier in the thread are nice but maybe a bit fragile for his age.

A svord copy in wood would be good. Maybe a bit chunky for him tho to get the wood thick enough?

But idea has legs

Tat2trev

Native
Dec 10, 2012
County Durham
Folding knife sounds good. Those kits listed earlier in the thread are nice but maybe a bit fragile for his age.

A svord copy in wood would be good. Maybe a bit chunky for him tho to get the wood thick enough?

But idea has legs
Yeah I'm liking the idea of a svord the Handel size not too much of a problem he's built like a shed anyway and the axe I made is quite chunky too. I'll wait till my svord gets here this week and I'll look where to start making it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE