You know you're getting old when .....

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
...... you realise you've got the same music on your ipod that your Dad listened to in the 70s

But I'm not saying what :p

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
And how much of todays "music" will be being played in 40 years time eh?
We had real music back in those days!
Answer me that you young whippersnappers - eh? What? eh?
Mumble," youth of today" mumble, no respect, mumble, "real music" mumble...I saw Led Zep live!...Im still deaf...mumble, Deep Purple....fades into arthritic snoring...

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
i'm currently listening to "The Carlton Mix"
this is a 4 disc set of Metal from around 97-99 and was the stuff we all listened/danced to in 'The Carlton Club' in warrington before alas its 50 year party was finally up.
put together by Calibanzwei me and the guys love this set, its pure nostalgia for us. and its filled with Cracking music!
its just gone from Head like a hole by NIN to No More Tears by Ozzy to The Chain by Fleetwood mac etc.
ah those were the days, when my hair was longer then my resume!

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
suzi quatro? the bay city rollers? the new seekers?

What are you implying about Suzi Quatro?

Heck, I listen to a lot of music that even my Dad would think old-fashioned... And that's before we get to the hard-core folk and "old-time" stuff.

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Well my dad likes military marching band music and my friends late dad loved fairground organ music and had many tapes that he had recorded whilst standing in front of the instrument!! Not quite my taste but always brings a smile.

Swyn.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
And how much of todays "music" will be being played in 40 years time eh?
We had real music back in those days!
Answer me that you young whippersnappers - eh? What? eh?
Mumble," youth of today" mumble, no respect, mumble, "real music" mumble...I saw Led Zep live!...Im still deaf...mumble, Deep Purple....fades into arthritic snoring...

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Ive got the russian red army choir on mine somewhere. I could not even pin that down to the nearest decade!

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
well meatloaf, the bangles, led zep, tammi tarrel and the temptations, queen, frank sinatra, train, the cooks, the arctic monkeys. are just a few of what i listened to tonight while geting ready for the greastest night out of the week student night were beeers cheap music deceant and totty brilliant

now then you know your getting old when you start threads like this

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
"There are old mushroom hunters and there are bold mushroom hunters,but there are no old,bold mushroom hunters."

Love it Launditch, I just love it.

Must say the folks at work don't like my Ompha "German Beer Drinking Songs" album. No accounting for taste really...

GB.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE