Help me find some new music

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Please help me find some new music!

OK, I like to think I’ve got reasonably broad tastes in music but I’m struggling to find some new stuff that I can appreciate. I like a wide range of stuff by a very broad list of artists but I find so much of the current stuff winey love/loss-of-love drivel whether it’s male or female vocals. Also, I can’t listen to rap or similar, sorry.

So, what do I like? Well plenty of old stuff: Fleetwood Mac – especially the early blues, Dire Straits, Pink Floyd and so on; less old but dated Stereophonics, Texas, Muse, Massive attack, Faithless; and even some newer stuff like Sea Sick Steve, Hot Club of Cowtown, Rag ‘n’ Bone Man, Caravan Palace and other ‘techno/electro-swing’.

I’m struggling to find any new stuff that I can actually listen to as opposed to just have on in the background. Good, skilful instrumentals with or without meaningful lyrics, or upbeat tap your foot to .... what's out there?

Any ideas?

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Just noticed Caravan Palace going on a tour next year

Architects
Pure Reason Revolution
Tides of Nebula
We Made God
Public Service Broadcasting

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
When you are stuck for choice go through all the NPR tiny desk winners and specials. oddly I often love a featured artist NPR performance but not their other stuff. Lately its the flaming lips, Grandaddy and for something completely new check out "Ren", first thing I had heard in years that jumped out and grabbed my ear, especially this

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Voiceplay - an eclectic mix of stuff from Valhalla Calling to I'm Too Sexy and loads of stuff in between.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
When you are stuck for choice go through all the NPR tiny desk winners and specials. oddly I often love a featured artist NPR performance but not their other stuff. Lately its the flaming lips, Grandaddy and for something completely new check out "Ren", first thing I had heard in years that jumped out and grabbed my ear, especially this

His band, The Big Push was pretty good too. They had to split as Ren had to go to Canada for treatment for lymes disease.

Reactions: dwardo and Nice65

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE