Why the fuss over a dead goose?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
This is obviously one of those threads that can burst into flames without much effort so please keep in mind that (as far as I'm aware) none of you actually own, know or are related to the Goose, or the offended people, or probably the offenders that shot said Goose, so please be careful and considerate in how much you express your offence on someone/something else's behalf, I would suggest that if anyone is tempted to say things they really should not, then Twitter might be more appropriate... :D

Personally, I feel for the people that have had a loss, I feel for the Goose who would not have expected to be taken at this time of year, anyone that wants to put up a huge reward and has the money then they're obviously feeling upset about it and want some justice, the person that put up the smaller amount obviously just wants the thing dealt with.

I'm glad I'm not involved.

Last edited:

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Point taken but cannot resist suggesting people look at how both children and donkeys are worked in, say, brickworks in at least one country. Interested to know how children are worse treated than animals generally in this country.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Well, its unlikley that if a child was murdered the reward would be as high...

...Or even, sadly, in the majority of cases it would be as newsworthy...

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Where I once lived we had swans rearing young on the river, some prats thought it fun to stone them, locals essentially put out a warning (a bit vigilante style), the swans were left alone to rear their young, but they (the swans) never did return.

In your own your back yard, we tend to protect wildlife, we are a bit less sympathetic when it is not in our back yard, I can understand the feelings of the villagers affected by the cruel demise of their goose.

I hope they catch the git that killed it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE