Why the fuss over a dead goose?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
I don't get it. Someone's offering over £200.000 reward for the successful prosecution of the shooter.

Fair enough, it was mindless, but the fuss just seems out of proportion.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
Wow, someone going to all that effort to kill a goose, it must really have of annoyed them.

I feel for them however, i'll be making roast potatoes in goose fat tonight in that birds honor.

Tonyuk

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Why the puzzlement? He was their goose, a feature of the village. Villages have an identity and a character and a loyalty to their members. Cats, for example can become part of the village community and I remember the anger by some at a motorist who ran down one of ours. A cat they were used to seeing lazing on the garden wall and to whom the village children would talk on their way home.

Trig

Nomad
Jun 1, 2013
Scotland
This was on Radio 2 earlier and i missed the start. Took me a while to realise they were being serious. £250k offered as reward, and then someone else offered another £25k.

At that point the supposed motive was because the goose guards the mail box. I think gangs were involved myself. Similar style to how Tupac got it.
I think it could escalate, gonna be more than a few people washing bird crap out of their hair by the end of it.

Last edited:

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
I listened to that Radio 2 bit with Jeremy Vine, the guy offering the 25,000 reward actually said that if the perpetrators handed themselves into the police station he would drive there himself and hand them the 25,000 pound cheque himself !

find me a gun and a goose !!

all that will happen is a slap on the wrist and 10 hours of community service.......worth it for 25 grand !!

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
I listened to that Radio 2 bit with Jeremy Vine, the guy offering the 25,000 reward actually said that if the perpetrators handed themselves into the police station he would drive there himself and hand them the 25,000 pound cheque himself !

all that will happen is a slap on the wrist and 10 hours of community service.......worth it for 25 grand !!
So he was willing to give the money to the murderers? Really? Is he slightly bonkers perchance?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Trig

Nomad
Jun 1, 2013
Scotland

You'll need a driver. is it 50/50 ? :rolleyes:

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Conscience forces me to own up.

It woz me wot dun da goose in (self defense), where do I collect the reward money ?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Why the puzzlement? He was their goose, a feature of the village. Villages have an identity and a character and a loyalty to their members. Cats, for example can become part of the village community and I remember the anger by some at a motorist who ran down one of ours. A cat they were used to seeing lazing on the garden wall and to whom the village children would talk on their way home.

I agree, animals are and always have been an important part of community life, certainly hereabouts; I'm not in the least bit puzzled about the boiling anger this would provoke in people and it's too easy to make light of it. Another erosion of one of the little things that go to make a common sense of purpose for folk, which I think is very seriously lacking.

I think I'd have maybe put conditions of some sort on the reward money though, to ensure it went to do some good................Just my tuppence worth.

nic a char

Settler
Dec 23, 2014
scotland
"Animals worth more than people these days." - absolutely Tengu!
I am appalled at how these animal charities rake it in while uk people-charities struggle & children starve all over the planet.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
"Animals worth more than people these days." - absolutely Tengu!
I am appalled at how these animal charities rake it in while uk people-charities struggle & children starve all over the planet.
Generally given as a reason not to contribute at all, along with how dreadful that CEOs of charities are paid so much! I am not aware that compassion has to be either or. But you might like to think that those countries with worst treatment of children also have the worst treatment of animals.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE