what's your prefered pocket knife? + pics!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
a few more

folders1.jpg

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
the magnum one looks interesting. does anyone own one of those old paratrooper knives? not seen any old ones around..just cheap looking remakes with swastikas all over them.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
haha yeah! always liked the sturdy look of them. infact i like the 'british mod' stuff, the rustic look of the jungle knife and that black monster parang! got any of those?

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.
Heres a 'hobby' knife.I collect vintage folders and knives.This is one of my favorites.T.Ellin&Sons of Sheffield horseman's knife.Bone scales made to look like antler.Probably late Victorian maybe a bit later.It lives in a drawer!
PICT2030.jpg

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
little beauty! you do custom work yeah? can you show me a few blades you've made so i can get an idea of your stuff?? id like custom to my specs, would be good to pass down to my kids.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I don't carry stuff in my pockets as it bugs the hell out of me, I prefer to carry a small blade around my neck instead. My current favourite is this one from Lance ...

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64658&daysprune=-1

I can see why, the handle work is gorgeous! I really like deep sheathes like that too.

i remember doing a job in a large concrete shed for someone and they had this awesome sheath, so thick and sturdy looking..and polished through ware ..unfortunately it was for gardening clippers but still it was pure quailty.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
the locking wood handled knife on the picture i showed is what i was given as 'token of appreciation' on that mentioned job, its a nice piece too, has 'rostfrei' stamped at the base of the blade. its edge was polished on the old boys honing stone too, needed a clean up mind..tooth pick the dead woodlice and manky wood out of the inner parts.

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
I carry several.

At home or in the office:

Spyderco Caly 3
Fallkniven TK in tigerwood
Fallkniven U2
Small Sebenza

Out camping:

SAK huntsman
Benchmade griptillian
Boker stockman in carbon steel
Opinel.

Landy_Dom

Nomad
Jan 11, 2006
Mold, North Wales
generally have a Leatherman Charge Tti on my belt pouch. It has a small firesteel in the loop on one side, and I've earmarked a Maglite solitaire for the other side. not quite EDC (all tools lock out) but it's not too scary looking and I do use it at work and scouts.

shamal

Mar 13, 2010
Bolsover
You just jogged my memory. I learned about the "fid" back in Scouts too. Odddly never saw wire rope )cable) spliced. On aircraft cables we joined or shaped with swages; ground structure cables were usually joined with u-bolts.

The smaller one of the british army knife was mainly used for unpicking knots and the odd bits of rope splicing there is a larger version that was issued to the navy this had more use in the splicing of ropes, I worked underground in the mines as a ropeman and we had to extend steel ropes and replace any lengths that had worn out, also splicing eyes on ends of winch ropes and such, splicing cones into the end of ropes so as to make them lock into collars Also a lot of work was single strand replacement were usually one of the six strands in the rope has broke and caught on something like a pulley or roller and created a "sluff" a large ball of tangled steel strand, such fun lol. :)

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Like i said before i have my Victorninox huntsman with me daily but i actually used to own the same knife about 12 years ago and used it on everything! I was given it by a girl i was at school with, she'd apparently found it in a phone box and thought i might like it. sharpest/toughest saw on any sak i've owned, my new one though doesnt seem to be of the exact quality though..like a 8.5/10 in comparison. any get that vibe off their newer Victorinoxs? Mind you..that old huntsman is now lost to the world so i can't compare them, so it may be my imagination.

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
@ Hetzen: I have never been a huge fan of multi tools such as these, I have always preferred to carry an SAK as they are imo far better, I just never have a use for a large pair of pliers which these kind of multi tools always have.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE