what's your prefered pocket knife? + pics!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
it's a great wee knife, build quality is very good and it holds an edge very well indeed, 20+ years service and no complaints :)

think that is my only Puma but i'd have to have a root around to be sure, got over 150 knives around the place :)

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
it's a great wee knife, build quality is very good and it holds an edge very well indeed, 20+ years service and no complaints :)

think that is my only Puma but i'd have to have a root around to be sure, got over 150 knives around the place :)

haha alot then! over the years i've had alot of knives..when ebay wasn't regulated. only kept the good ones though, the rest are either broken, binned or given away now.

Hetzen

Forager
Feb 5, 2009
West London
I always carry this..

Asaklitt.jpg

It's well built, small. Not strictly a pocket knife and has a built in torch. I think it's great. I use it a lot.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I always carry this..

Asaklitt.jpg

It's well built, small. Not strictly a pocket knife and has a built in torch. I think it's great. I use it a lot.

Nice looking multi tool mate, have you used any other multi tools? i know gerbers probably got the best rep..i was looking at a few the other day as i dont own a multi worth digging out of the shed but would find one usefull in my outings.

Hetzen

Forager
Feb 5, 2009
West London
Only cheapo's and this is by far best I've had. I can't warrant spending £40+ on one. This was from Clas Ohlson. I think it was only a tenner. That black pouch in the pic came with it.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
i know what you mean..i couldn't responsibley buy a gerber for like £70, even though ive heard the old ones are built like bunkers! not heard quite the same things about newer knives from them. gerber are making 'bear grylls' knives now and thats put me off them a bit tbh.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Splicing is predominantly (but not exclusively) used for creating very strong and durable knotless loops at the ends of rope.

Google "splicing with a marlin spike" for plenty of info.

There is even a marlin spike knot, for temporarily securing the marlin spike to guard against loss when you need your hands to be doing other things.

A metal marlin spike is actually for working with wire rope while, traditionally, a wooden tool called a Fid (looks like a large sewing needle) is used for working with natural and man-made ropes.

Showing my age a little - I learned that in the scouts as a kid, back when the scouts were allowed to teach you stuff like that :)...

You just jogged my memory. I learned about the "fid" back in Scouts too. Odddly never saw wire rope )cable) spliced. On aircraft cables we joined or shaped with swages; ground structure cables were usually joined with u-bolts.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
opinel,mainly n°9,till my childhood,then sometimes sak,
guess you don't need picture?

whats the point in a knife if you can shove pictures of it in peoples faces? haha, seriously though..show it mate, we all love checking out peoples kit! is it a carbon steel blade?

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
UKPK and a Victorinox Alox soldier on rotation usually but nearly always have one of my Leatherman Charges on my belt too (I always have reasonable cause to be allowed with work & lifestyle)

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I'd like to see some more decent knives for the british market (non-locking/huge etc). I like my vic' huntsman as it's very usefull but i would like a sturdy grandpa knife in my pocket, like the ones xunil has shown.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE