what's your prefered pocket knife? + pics!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
The SAK in this picture

swiss.jpg

It's getting a bit old and haggard, along with its owner, the scales were recently changed for a bit of laburnum, which has given it a new lease of life!

Shame it won't work for me really!

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
that is really cool! do you have a link to the thread that you learnt it from?

missed again LOL

no thread just a picture - asked the guy 'spork' on BCUSA for advice and he went through what i did in my previous post...

Jul 14, 2012
Ireland
Hey Folks, first time posting here.

170476_290427967721151_46527424_o.jpg

The Victorinox Forester is my EDC, it's a real handy knife for scouting. My ideal EDC would be a smaller knife, without a lockblade and below 3 inches. Even if the situation arises I would never pull out that Victorinox, what a nutcase I would look like in front of my friends with this huge 3.5 inch blade in my hand. :cool: The Irish knife laws are even more restricting than the British ones too.

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Today its my Boker Sub-Com 42 Ti.

20120718_125723.jpg

I tend to carry a different one each day from a choice of the Sub-Com, Spyderco UKPK Carbon Fibre, Spyderco Squeak, Fallkniven U1, Enzo PK70 or Boker Plus XS, I've got a bit of a thing for UK legal EDCs at the moment and just commissioned a custom from Shing on BB but thats going to take a few months.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
not realy changed but I'm moving more towards folders and away from fixed blade for the relativly like tasks I undertak - minimal shelter building and fire prep. So carry atleast 2/3 of these at any one time - Always the sak and atleast 1 EDC folder.

I've added the Buck most recently and want to add a GEC bullnose work knife at some pont too...

P1000606.jpg

pauljm116

Native
May 6, 2011
Rainham, Kent
Recently got a couple of new pocket knives for EDC.

A Spyderco UKPK Ti - discontinued now so had to get one before they disappear completely.
20120807_082131.jpg

My new personnal favourite a Michael Vagnino Zip Slip in Carbon fibre, feels great in the hand and is a pleasure to use.

20120807_111033.jpg

The Warrior

Tenderfoot
Mar 6, 2012
Illinois, USA
I always have my Leatherman Wave on my belt, so I usually don't carry a pocket knife. But, when I do, it's either my Vic Farmer, or, Vic Camping knife. I was lucky enough to find the camping knife for $4 in a thrift store.

005.png

008.png

048.png

056.png

Beefy0978

Forager
Jul 18, 2012
South west
[quote/]

My fav's are these two from the folders, the one on the right I have had at least 20 years, the sorry looking one was from a boot sale recently, have not had time to clean it up yet.
DSC00743.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I have one of these from 1943 and still going strong!

Beefy0978

Forager
Jul 18, 2012
South west
ask about a trade then turbogirl!?

I've looked around for the all metal british army clasp knife without a locking mech but don't think I can find a genuine one anywhere..

I read somehwere (can't remember where) that alot of fakes were made and sold in alot of surplus stores and around the net..

I have a 1943 original. Think I said that somewhere before?... Looks like it's been through a war though. Oh that's right it has. Probably two wars. It was found under the floorboards of a stately home during a refurb about 25 years ago. I'm scared to clean it / sharpen it as I don't want to damage it.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I've been looking at the marbles and rough rider knives lately as I've heard they are really great value for money and fairly decent. does anyone have any experience with them? if so, what models do you have/use? :)

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
My latest, and greatest to be honest. Its fantastic in the hand.

ZuSmF.jpg

Pocket knife wise, I'm toying between something Spyderco with CPM something, or a classic Taylor's eye witness lambsfoot.
Been thinking about that for a long time though :p

Last edited:

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I've been looking at the marbles and rough rider knives lately as I've heard they are really great value for money and fairly decent. does anyone have any experience with them? if so, what models do you have/use? :)

they are pretty decent for the price

keep almost biting on a marbles safety hunter for a bit of fun :D

I picked up a couple of the marbles when they first came out but mis judged their size and they weren't alot of use to me so moved them on - would buy again if they did a pattern I liked

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Most often carried is my well beaten UKPK. If I'm at work then usually a Tenacious. But today a Spyderco Gayle Bradley, because I felt like it :)

It'll probably do no more than flick out a tea bag or two, but it's a lovely thing to have in your pocket.

9e776596.jpg

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
they are pretty decent for the price

keep almost biting on a marbles safety hunter for a bit of fun :D

I picked up a couple of the marbles when they first came out but mis judged their size and they weren't alot of use to me so moved them on - would buy again if they did a pattern I liked

Is there a big difference between the two brands and quality/quality control?

looking on ebay.com they have the case made trappers and what not for abround £25 delivered! instead of £65 over here.. but I recall someone saying they tried to buy a knife from ebay.com and it wasn't allowed?

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Mine is a plain British Army clasp knife. Been all over the globe with me.. Simple tough tool.
Sorry Maddave,
But I couldn’t disagree with you more, I'm currently in the market for a new clasp knife and just found this thread.
The 68 mod may have been a good knife but the one I got in 2010 was S##t...

Here is my old post from worst kit ever.

Worst kit ever:

Web-Tex Maya Dust .........................save your cash, it’s as good as useless...
Vargo Titanium hexagon Stove............An exceptionally rubbish stove...
The new British army clasp knife..........I only got the new one to replace my lost Jack knife that my brother had given me while he was in the RNavy The first time I used the new one was to open an oyster shell, the tip bent, the second time I used it was to remove willow bark for cordage the lock spring was to weak it stayed down releasing the blade in my pocket I called the manufacturer and no joy from them, I was so annoyed and disappointed with the knife I put the blade under my boot and tried to snap the blade IT BENT ! round to about 90 degreesl, steel that soft couldn’t ever hold an edge long. Sheffield steel just ain't what it used to be...

Do not buy the Ibberson ones as they don't take an edge worth a damn.
Hi Jacknife,
Just found this and you certainly weren’t wrong about the edge, talk about soft, I only wish I had read your post about the Whitbe’s before I bought the knife, just a total waste of 22 Quid........

Not so good news here ether, I quite fancied the new Cold Steel Hold Out lll to review which is ok for the £30-£40 asking price in the US but it certainly isn’t worth the £70 some UK companies are asking here.
I could by a Benchmade, Kershaw or even a low end Boker for that kind of cash.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE