what's your prefered pocket knife? + pics!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
Manly :D Grrrr
Photo0806.jpg

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
do you reckon there's a use for the marlin spike when out in the woods?

trying to think of one that doesn't involve stabbing hole in stuff..

sasquatch

Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
My maiden name is Nowill, we're one of the 'younger son' descendants from the cutlers :) I'm real proud of the heritage... lovely, well made knives and a huuuugggge amount of family history including a Master Cutler :) My Granpa restored the Aberdale industrial revolution metalwork water driven hamlet, metal just kinda runs in the blood I reckon! We're all engineers and suchlike but the name is owned by (Jack?) Adams now who still makes blades and the name still gets put on some lovely quality stuff... I got Dad a leather strop for his blades but he doesn't trust himself to wet shave any more and I doubt he'd trust me... might be good craftsmen but we're not daft... XD

Wow, I'll sort you a razor then! Great to hear it's in your blood and it would be rude to not have a piece of history back in the family. Nobody has to use it but it would make sense to have one...thanks for the reply!

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... I also use a modded opinel No9 ~ but any and all pics are on PhotoBucket and, for whatever reason, PB doen't like granting me access to my pics :( .

I can be a persistant beggar :lmao:

I finally managed to weedle my way into PB ~ inventing a few new words along the way ...

Opimod1.jpg

... I really need to take some better pics :eek:

Large Sack

Settler
May 24, 2010
Dorset
do you reckon there's a use for the marlin spike when out in the woods?

trying to think of one that doesn't involve stabbing hole in stuff..

Hi Samon

I use mine for undoing knots, especially when my hands are cold. Plus, you really never know when the need to make a good hole will crop up ;)

Sack

SimonMast

Tenderfoot
Dec 12, 2011
Hertfordshire
My favourite was my Leatherman PST. Had it since I was 14, but it was stolen from me when my house was broken into when I was a student living in Coventry. My old faithful, it was :(, though I have my Spartan SAK, which I acquired aged 9 or so from tokens on the bag of Quaker Oat Cereal, if I recall...

I bought a British Army Knife (which could do with a sharpen...) to replace it, but it's not strictly legal being a locker... I'd really love a nice EDC again. A friction folder with a Scandi grind would be fun.

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
Currently a Marbles Handyman for EDC:
4721.jpg

A Svord I'm part way though reshaping /rehandling still gets the old slabs on and carried if I'm off into the hills.

I also have a couple of FGYT's lovely DFF blades, one a flat grind one a scandi that I'm trying to work up the courage to fit with handles, got a pair of black & a pair of blonde horn slabs ready to do it with - just want to do them justice.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Sorry to say it but as much as I love Svord, this looks shabby to me - Those raised bolts look uncomfortable and I hate the scales.

bit too crude, you reckon? I'd love a svord blade put into a decent solid handle that's been pinned. My alst one had lveoly walnut scalesn that were donated to me but it got lost when I was working a few months back. (still carrying that clasp knife you gave me magentus!)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
bit too crude, you reckon? I'd love a svord blade put into a decent solid handle that's been pinned. My alst one had lveoly walnut scalesn that were donated to me but it got lost when I was working a few months back. (still carrying that clasp knife you gave me magentus!)

The metal handled Svords are very crude, not nice at all.

However, if you sourced some longer bolts and some nice wood scales, those metal scales would make good liners. That would give you a very solid knife.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
These are the ones i seem to turn to most

P1000514.jpg

couple of GEC's and an opinel 2 blade trapper I knocked up

I also have a Queen sodbuster jr as my EDC and of course a SAK or 2

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
* can a Mod please change the name of this thread to 'what's your favourite pocket knife? + Pic's' please!?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE