what's your prefered pocket knife? + pics!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Its an opinel with 2 blades like Quills 2 blades trapper pattern in post #308.

yeah I gathered that much, but I'm curious to where it came from. I've never seen a two bladed opinel for sale before so I'm assuming it was a diy alteration..?

bushwacker bob

Sep 22, 2003
STRANGEUS PLACEUS
So do Enzo
008.jpg
[/IMG]

Magentus

Settler
Oct 1, 2008
West Midlands
bit too crude, you reckon? I'd love a svord blade put into a decent solid handle that's been pinned. My alst one had lveoly walnut scalesn that were donated to me but it got lost when I was working a few months back. (still carrying that clasp knife you gave me magentus!)

Glad to hear it's being put to good use! I'm EDC'ing a SAK Huntsman I got on this here forum and I love it.

Urban X

Nomad
Apr 6, 2012
Thanet, Kent
Only 3 for me, I spose working with sharp blades daily kinda dulls the interest a bit.

25gxdnl.jpg

Top one was a pressie from one of my lads.

Middle one I found somewhere or other (Got William ******ers on tang, it's a bit worn, but made in Sheffield?)

Bottom one I use probably a couple of times a day and it goes everywhere with me, had it about 7 or 8 years.

Si

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
nice knives, I guess the law is a little different in your neck of the woods then!

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
nice knives, I guess the law is a little different in your neck of the woods then!

Thank you.

Like the UK the law is very much open to interpretation.
My understanding is that as long as it's not used as an offensive weapon it's allowed.
So if your found carrying a knife here the trick is under no circumstances to say it's for self defence.

I still carry the same knife in the UK as well though.
As i have absolutely no intention of hurting anyone with it and i personally believe i have valid reasons for carrying it i'd happily slog it our in court.

Besides i don't intend to do anything to draw attention to myself to get searched in the first place.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Thank you.

Like the UK the law is very much open to interpretation.
My understanding is that as long as it's not used as an offensive weapon it's allowed.
So if your found carrying a knife here the trick is under no circumstances to say it's for self defence.

I still carry the same knife in the UK as well though.
As i have absolutely no intention of hurting anyone with it and i personally believe i have valid reasons for carrying it i'd happily slog it our in court.

Besides i don't intend to do anything to draw attention to myself to get searched in the first place.

that's a fair point! I also feel the law is left to us to decide and aslong as I have no intentions of specifically breaking any laws then it's ok. But I don't think everyone will agree..

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
and the reason why I asked about it.. (curious to how it was done).

geez.

ah nice, can you explain the opinel trapper please mate!?

Sorry mate missed the replies it was an idea i saw on bushcraftusa

fairly simple mod and I'm a cack-handed sod at the best of times

took 2 no7 opinels
removed locking rings
ground out the pins
disassembled
took a dremel and widened the channel on one of the handles so it would fit the two blade when closed and properly aligned
got a mate to machine me a new pin
removed a small amount of metal from the locking ring at the base of the lock part so either blade would lock with the same twist - alternatively you could cut a notch opposite the original one (thats what the other chap had done but I thought it was a tricker solution)
put it back together
sanded the handle down
sharpened so it splits hairs.....:D

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!

Sorry mate missed the replies it was an idea i saw on bushcraftusa

fairly simple mod and I'm a cack-handed sod at the best of times

took 2 no7 opinels
removed locking rings
ground out the pins
disassembled
took a dremel and widened the channel on one of the handles so it would fit the two blade when closed and properly aligned
got a mate to machine me a new pin
removed a small amount of metal from the locking ring at the base of the lock part so either blade would lock with the same twist - alternatively you could cut a notch opposite the original one (thats what the other chap had done but I thought it was a tricker solution)
put it back together
sanded the handle down
sharpened so it splits hairs.....:D

that is really cool! do you have a link to the thread that you learnt it from?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE