What kit have you found?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Everything Mac

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 30, 2009
Scotland
nothing comes to mind however:

if anyone finds a SAK with a red lanyard on the isle of Arran in North Glen Sannox - it is MINE!!!!

same goes for an identical SAK minus the lanyard on Dartmoor.

:p

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
I think the most useful thing I've ever found was a piece of Dyneema cord that somebody must have dropped on the way in or out of the Scouts camp site at Spitewinter. I'd have handed it to the warden but it had been run over a few dozen times by the time I picked it up so I took it home and gave it several good washes. Seems like some of you are pretty careless with your kit, can I sell you a bit of cord, to tie it to your person? :)

Sometimes I need to 'find' something to get a job done and I'm not above a bit of dumpster diving to do it. A couple of years ago a customer invited me for a sail on his boat, which he keeps in the marina at Ipswich. You need to motor quite a way from the marina before getting the sails up. We were almost ready to leave the marina but he couldn't fill the tank with diesel from the cans he'd taken because he didn't have a funnel. So I dragged him around the marina looking in the bins for a discarded plastic bottle to make one. He was hugely embarrassed and kept trying to get me to stop, but I wouldn't stop until I'd found a bottle, made a funnel (that took all of 30 seconds once I'd found a suitable bottle) and handed it to him. He filled the tank no trouble, but he never asked me to sail with him again!

walker

Oct 27, 2006
devon
not found much but lost a primus gas stove brand new on dartmoor once
i must not be that lucky when it comes to things coming my way

telwebb

Settler
Aug 10, 2010
Somerset, UK
I reckon it could be worth keeping some pack space available when venturing near dartmoor - sounds like there's some good kit still up there!

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
This thread remids me Fallout 3 game. I shall add, that I found:
ppsha.jpg

so called PP-SHAK. And loads of bits and bobs left from WW2, nothig recent though..

Col_M

Jun 17, 2010
London and Devon
I found a waterlogged DVD player in a rucksack on the banks of the Vltava last winter, left it where it was :)

My friends have found tons of stuff on Dartmoor, map cases, binoculars, torches, sunglasses and probably more since I last spoke to them :)

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
well al i know is i am now wereing a differnet bushat cos the orginal with the bcuk badge on the front i have left on the side of hastacks in the ennerdale valley and had to buy a new one. TO say i was gutted is an understatement and some one will probably find that at some point #
drew

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Well I knew this thread was here somewhere

I had a late bimble up the hill and down the valley today and found

A White stuff wool beanie; wearing it now
A 21 " bush saw made in Denmark; chucked out by some rubbish
I removed the rusty old blade and just ordered a new one for it from Amazon
A Wainwrights short dog lead Multi use item for me or perhaps a gift for someone with a suitable large dog
I find loads of rubbish but consider this quite a useful haul for one walk

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I found a tin of "american-style salad" in a hedgerow near work on Friday. Dented but intact, and still in date. I washed the mud off and it is now in my outdoor meals store. The tin looks useful too.

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
110ltr Bergan with side pockets attached
Helly Henson Fleece
Trousers, lightweight with Zip
OG Shirt
Gortex Trousers (DPM)
SA80 Bayonet
Para-illuminating flare
Heli marker panels in carry bag
58pat water bottle
Carabiner
Aide Memoir

Ear defenders

Map and map case

Lots of tent pegs

Lots of fishing end kit

Hardy fishing Priest

Trip flare wire

Cable tidy

Trip flare trigger

Smoke Grenade

(Of course the grenade was left in location as the thing had no pin in it but the seal still intact:yikes:)

Scary what people leave lying around isn't it.

Wings

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE