What is your favourite bird?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
It varies - but right now I'm fond of Little Owls - smart wee creatures. But overall - short eared owls - the male primary call is just awesome :)

Last edited:

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I love the red kite we even had one land in our back garden
on second thoughts its Stevie Nicks and I would live her to land in my back garden.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
"...The long tailed tits are fun to watch..."

My three year old daughter saw her first long tailed tit yesterday, they come down from the hills for a few days about this time each year. I wish I'd had my camera handy to catch the wonder on her face.

A favorite? For me probably the Redstart. We have a couple who nest on the roof opposite each spring.

:)

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
As you might guess it's probably somewhere between the Peregrine and the Hobby ( we had wonderful views of Hobby hawking dragonflies and feeding on the wing near Shrewsbury last Bank Holiday) though I'm always in awe at the wonderful song of the Blackbird on a late Spring evening.....

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
Robins and blackbirds because they keep me company while I'm working (gardener).

If I had to come back as a bird it would have to be a Buzzard. They are just awesome birds. I could watch them for hours. It lifts my spirit just to see them.

Tomcoles

Settler
Jul 21, 2013
Buckinghamshire
For me it's the barn owl purely becuse it's so rare,impressive beautiful etc it's a bit like a unicorn around my ways. If u tell someone that u have seen one they laugh at you. At least you know you managed to remain quiet enough for one to come close enough to see.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE