A Minty Fresh Morning.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Excellent post Colon :))), you have a poetic leaning sir

Ha-ha, my old English Master used to say I had other leanings and all of them wrong ones;). I think Cameron may be onto something with all the "deliberate "mistakes" he's been doing. Thanks though I do enjoy rambling out of doors and on screen.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Brilliant post. I enjoyed that. Reminded me of A Year In The Woods by Colin Elford. Like him you captured the atmosphere of your observations perfectly.
Thank you again. I've never read Mr Elford ( I think - I read so much) but I'll have to look him up and see if I can get a copy. It's nice writing things down, helps the info settle into the mind once it's been committed to paper/screen. It creates a mental map in my head.

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Another fine installment of the writing about your wandering. Loved the observation of the deer from a hunter's viewpoint! :) I had a big grin about the buzzards among the eagles and the resistance with the graves about the churchyard.:D Thanks for taking the time to write it up, Colin.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Excellent post GB. Thanks for sharing it with us. And yes, I think you may have missed your calling.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
:lmao: it's all a conspiracy...

Does anyone remember the worst typo I ever made (especially Hugh who spotted it)? It was too funny, I'm not telling :nana:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Thanks again for all the lovely comments folks (and for being kind in not pointing out my spelling and punctuation errors that I've noticed after re-reading it there. I would've had the tawse from Mr Milne for them - one a piece!) Trying to remember Cameron's howler but it's not coming to me.

There should be another one coming soon as as the mushrooms are making an early appearance here after the rain I'm off on a cep and chanterelle hunt over the next few days. (thinking about a mushroom and fire baked egg breakfast!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE