What fungi did you spot today?

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
Not exactly 'today' but these pictures are of fungi encountered in two weeks (21 November - 5 December) on the tropical island of Curaçao. I cannot find much information on the fungi overthere so I have no idea what species these are...anyway, enjoy ;)

The first one might be a Phellinus(?)









This might be Podaxis pistillaris:



Cheers,

Tom
 
Last edited:
Been out in our woods for the first time after the recent rains. We don't seem to get a huge abundance of fungi which I wonder if is because we don't tend to get long periods of drought down here. Anyway, more than usual about.

The common sulphur tuft:
IMG_20260917_091205687~2.jpg

No idea about this one, fungi or slime mould? They seemed quite firm.

IMG_20260917_095817755~2.jpg
 
IMG_5415.jpeg
IMG_5416.jpeg
Yellow fieldcap

IMG_5413.jpegIMG_5414.jpeg
Some old Chicken of the Woods at perfect dog wee height.

IMG_5399.jpegIMG_5400.jpeg
A very old and manky looking bolete of some kind. Or potentially a manky birch polypore? Hard to tell its original shape as it was soggy and broken.

IMG_5398.jpeg
Happy birch polypore!

IMG_5396.jpegIMG_5397.jpeg
Purple brittlegill. Distinct from Charcoal Burner, a fellow Russula, by the brittle rather than flexible gills.

IMG_5395.jpegIMG_5394.jpeg
Shaggy inkcap.

No penny buns today, I fear I am too late for them as usual locations were devoid of much bolete life. Or I’m too early, which would be nice! Didn’t see any amanitas or boletes other than that possibly rotten one, so maybe I should be optimistic!
 
1000011600.jpg
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20260918_104559974_HDR_AE~2.jpg
    IMG_20260918_104559974_HDR_AE~2.jpg
    814.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_20260918_104636324_HDR_AE.jpg
    IMG_20260918_104636324_HDR_AE.jpg
    646.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20260918_112428351_HDR_AE~2.jpg
    IMG_20260918_112428351_HDR_AE~2.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Like
Reactions: Chris

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE