What Food Combo's Do You Eat That Others Think Are Weird

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Sweet porridge always seems like pudding .....rice, sago, semolina, that kind of pudding.

No problem there for me either, I love rice pudding, and happily eat it cold for breakfast.
Mashed bandana is lovely with either oats or pud too.
I've been known to stir old English marmalade into my porridge too! Mad eh? :)

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
This week,i've been mostly eating porridge with crunchy peanut butter,a spoonful of honey,and some sunflower seeds all mixed in,tastier than any bandana..;)

Bandanas are not that tasty anyway, just had a nibble on my red and white one, and it just tasted like a cotton hankie. :) :)

• Haha
Reactions: billycoen

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I've just realised my phone autocorrected banana to bandana. ....oops!
billycoen,... I wondered at the bandana comment at the time. I thought either your auto misspell was on, or you were being funny, It was my automisspell all along. Ah well, gave us a giggle eh?
Blooming rubbish tech!!!! No wonder modern kids can't spell wright. ;)

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
Crumpets, slathered in butter and marmite, even better with toasted cheese on top of that.
Oooh, the memories!
Gluten free ones just don't cut it. They become a soggy mess that is unpalatable, but real crumpets, toasted to a crisp and butter, marmite and toasted cheese on top are perfect comfort food, in front of the fire in winter.
Gluten free anything is Satan’s doings.

Ozmundo

Jan 15, 2023
Sussex
I once overheard a conversation where an English host was trying to describe carrot cake to a Spanish student.
I am sure she went away with a picture in mind of a sponge cake containing a solid carrot through the middle.

• Haha
Reactions: Bishop and MrEd

demented dale

Dec 16, 2021
hell
Having a read of the "What food do you not eat that makes you 'weird'?" thread made me think of what food combinations folks enjoy that others think are weird or downright horrible.

For me personally it's maccaroni cheese with a generous topping of ketchup on top. My wife looks at me in absolute horror whenever I have it which makes it even more delicious :lmao: I also love a bit of Seville Orange marmalade or damson jam on a sausage sarnie. I also prefer Damson jam instead of cranberry sauce with turkey.

So what's your secret food passion that others turn their nose up at?
smoked mackerel and custard MMMMM! yummy!

Reactions: Ozmundo

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Sourdough bread with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Rock salt and Course ground pepper.

Strong cheddar cheese, with a pinch of fresh ground coffee and a little bit of honey.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
My dads porridge always had a knob of butter melting into a tiny lake, demerara sugar, golden syrup, and double cream on top.

He’s now 94 in case you’re wondering..:)

Reactions: Bishop and Van-Wild

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE