What does your screen name mean?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
After the Norton Dominator Racer, aka Domi Racer. Given to me by my uncle who was into bikes.

Been my 'net handle' for longer than I care to remember.

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
All that is gold does not glisten....not all those who wander are lost ;)

without steeling the post, thought i'd fill in the blanks ;)

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

H

Heathenpeddler

Oh what a plonker! I'm so used to using Grimnir I forgot I couldn't when I signed up here as it was taken so used my business name instead, Heathen Peddler.

Mike Ameling

Need to contact Admin...
Jan 18, 2007
Iowa U.S.A.
www.angelfire.com
Being ... slow of mind ... like my philisophical leader Groo, I used my real name.

That way, when my mind wanders off, I just have to look at what it says on this "infernal machine" to know who I should be. And sometimes I choose naught!

So it goes out here in the Hinterlands

Mikey - that alleged blacksmith and known iron torturer

p.s. Well ... um ... err ... and them other names I could have used have a bit too much ... um ... legal entanglements ... that could be called up and pointed in the right directions ... if one were to get a bit ... careless.

jojo

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 16, 2006
England's most easterly point
Mine was my nickname when I was a kid. The french have :confused: (had?) a habit of taking the first couple of letters of a name and doubling them so Joel became Jojo and I ressurected it when I joined BCUK.

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
like a few others on here, Steve would be mi first name, C would be the initial of my surname. Not imaginative but it does me.

sc

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
Errr... my name is Steve but that always seems to be in use, so I once chose 'stevesteve' in a forum and stuck with it here so as not to confuse myself (easily done!).

Cheers,
Steve

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle
He is the original one:

300px-OetzitheIceman02.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ötzi_the_Iceman

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
g4ghb - a combination of my nickname G4 and my initials GHB as it wouldn't accept g4 on its own!

g4 is in essence (ignoring the long story to go with it that isn't very interesting anyway) a play on the kids books

a is for apple, b is for ball ............. g is for graham...... g for graham ....... g 4 graham ...... g4

and that is the short version! :rolleyes:

Greywolf

Forager
Jun 5, 2005
East Riding of Yorkshire
Greywolf

I chose it because I love wolves and the native wolf of these isles was the timber or grey wolf. (until they were made extinct :( )

A much misunderstood, maligned and misrepresented mammal

I'm living up to the name though. My hair was described as Grey/Brown on an official description. :yikes:

GW

dave k

Nomad
Jun 14, 2006
Blonay, Switzerland
dave kranz. Says it all really :)

I was gonna name myself after my fierce hunter cat, but I thought I'd feel a bit stupid with people calling `button` after me whereever I went :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE