What does your screen name mean?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dunelm

Forager
May 24, 2005
County Durham
"Dunelm" is the designation of the Prince Bishops of Durham.

It comes from the Old English name for the city, which was Dunholm - a curious mixture of celtic and germanic words which means "Hill Island", and refers to the horse-shoe bend of the Wear than encircles the castle and cathedral.

However I am not the Bishop of Durham.

Sleepy Weasel, from one of my favourite films Hot Shots, it was operation Sleepy Weasel but I hijacked it for my own on some other forums and it kinda stuck.

I've also got Blackwing too, nice and dramatic I know but the story behind it is a bit more straightforward, starting with a local builder rounding the wing off my Landy and then getting the wing replaced with a black one and never getting around to repainting it, Blackwing

Sleepy sounds like a more fun guy tho! and if I followed in JoJo's footsteps I'd end up as GaGa!

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
Sharp is actually my second name, not a poor gimmick relating to knives or anything.

The 88 is just to fill it out a bit, but is nothing to do with neo-nazism or anything. After I signed up for BCUK, I found out 88 was actually used by alot of neo-nazis as it is of similar shape to SS. Not my intended meaning, its just I needed something to fill out my DP n two 8s looks kool.

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
mine's because I'm a tad obsessed with labyrinths, but 'labyrinth' is not a word that trips off the tongue that easy (and yes, I do know that labyrinths and mazes are not quite the same thing but it's an associational kind of thing!).

can't get the hang of attatchments either so:

http://img410.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lab5lv2.jpg

Hey! I recognize that!!
Also keen on labyrinths:)

screenname: JohnC, real name John. Always wish I could come up with a cool name when chosing one, but never have....:eek:

mazeman

Forager
Jun 7, 2007
Porthmadog, Gwynedd
Hey! I recognize that!!
Also keen on labyrinths:)

screenname: JohnC, real name John. Always wish I could come up with a cool name when chosing one, but never have....:eek:

I'd seen your avatar, John, and even hunted for it when I was posting to refer ro it (but like a lot of things in my life, couldn't find it when I wanted it!). I saw my first labyrinth down in Rocky Valley in Cornwall years ago and spoke to something deep in the core of my being. Been nuts about them ever since!

As for the screen name, I didn't have the imagination not to have one!

Chester`C

Sep 6, 2007
Hull
Chester'C well it means Chester Copperpot the guy who got killed hunting one eyed willy's treasure in the Goonies

Why ? well from my online gaming days I wanted a unique but not too serious name and it now follows me around were ever I may be on the web

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
A copperhead is a kind of pit viper common to north america, also known as the 'cottonmouth', altho If you want to know the real reason i was looking for a user name years ago and I spotted a pack of copperhead BB's on my desk. It just stuck used it for most things ever since.

tecNik

Tenderfoot
Aug 31, 2006
Leicestershire, UK
deadfish.co.uk
My name is Nik and in huge contrast to bushcraft I'm a software engineer and my other hobbies include electronics and model rocketry; tecNik is a nick name (lol pun) I picked up many years ago at collage.

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
well mine is very imaginative - my name is william that name was already taken when i registered so my right little finger just tapped the hash key

My father had intended to call me Mungo (due to his Scottish heritage - St. Mungo and all that) but ended up calling me Simon. Mungo seems to me to be a rather funny name - especially living in Canada, where one never hears this name. And of course during high school my group of friends and I decided that the world was messed up enough that the only reasonable thing to say to or about it was "Bah". So my blog is Mungo Says Bah.
Mungo Says Bah.
:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE