What does your screen name mean?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pablo

Settler
Oct 10, 2005
Essex, UK
www.woodlife.co.uk
My parents gave me this nickname when I wandered off in Spain when I was 6 :eek: . After a quick search the Spanish cops found me and asked my name, which is Paul and, after looking puzzled one of them realised that the Spanish equivilent was Pablo. This stuck in the family ever since and as there are now a number of Pauls in the family each Paul has a foreign equivelent nickname.

I've used the nickname through school and army career but I dropped it in my current job and revamped it on joining this site. Kinda nice to get it back.

Pablo.

Twoflower

Nomad
May 11, 2007
Northants
From the L Space Wiki (http://wiki.lspace.org/)

When Twoflower first appears in The Colour of Magic he is the Discworld's first tourist. He strolls around the city of Ankh-Morpork looking for adventure and genuine native food, and taking pictures of everything with his iconograph (including a statue of the god Sek after donating two rhinu to his temple), and several pictures at the ***** Pits.

He is probably the most naive person found on the disc, because he strictly believes that no harm will happen to him since he is only a spectator. The Luggage who accompanies him and eats everyone coming too close helps protect him too....

For those that are unaware, Twoflower is a character in Terry Pratchett's Discworld Series of books and since using the name on here I've been told that i'm remarkably like him, not sure if that's good or not though!

speckledjim

Mar 30, 2007
Edinburgh
Speckled Jim was the pigeon in blackadder IV, the one that captain blackadder shot and ate for his lunch and was subsequently court martialed for.
This is my favourite episode in my favourite television series.

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
Mine is to do with my love of Eagle owls, I think they are beautiful birds, and my avatar was chosen for this reason, SOAR was choosen because of the way they fly. Its in capitals because I had the caps lock on by mistake.:lmao:

H

Heathenpeddler

I'm heathen and oathed to Odhinn and one of the many names Odhinn uses in his travels around Midgardh is Grimnir (one of the Eddas is Grimnirsmal, The Lay of Grimnir)

Jodie

Native
Aug 25, 2006
London
www.google.co.uk
Mine's a cut and shut version of the full length of my real name. Curiously, even when
presented with my full name, a number of people assume absent mindedly that my
name is Jodie especially if they receive an email from me, so I'm used to it.

I'm also used to being called Margaret by my parents as they both have a younger
sister of that name.

When I was very small I insisted that when I was old enough I would change my name
to Primrose which presumably must have been my favourite flower as a child. I don't
often get a chance to forget this when visiting my parents... :eek:

Risclean

Forager
Feb 28, 2007
North Highlands
Sedgy meadow - or something like that. It's a Gaelic placename [riskLANE] which was all that I could think when I was choosing a name. I've translated it using my Gaelic dictionary, but it seems to match the place and make sense.

May 13, 2007
NORTHANTS
Mine is basically a description of my habits when I "go feral" at the weekends. I spend a lot of time on my own, doing my own thing, moving silently around my fave woodland, watching widlife and just enjoying being there.I love it.:)

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
an old rugby teacher once said i ran like a gorilla - arms every where and very hard to stop! name stuck...
plus like Silverback, they're my fav animal, and i look a bit 'ape-ish'

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
Mine and the icon perhaps rather obviously because I've been a passionate fly-fisherman, mostly on northern streams, since I was about 8. Also because camping near those streams was my first real 'bushcrafty' experience. And now these days because a mayfly on a stream is a rarer sight than ever and through their brief and delicate lives I find a completely absorbing window onto the soul of healthy freshwater habitats. This is a fabulous metaphor to encourage my kids to think about the outdoors.

Chris

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
My usual nicknames were taken so I went back to my first one, from my maiden surname. Nowadays my bother more usually lays claim to it.

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE