What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

treefrog

Aug 4, 2008
South Yorkshire
Hey Treefrog that necker's nice. I have my name down on the list for one from Raikey. Don't need one, don't have a use for one, but WANT one! LOL!

….and at £27 not bad value. Will have to see if anyone on here can make me a nice leather sheath for it. :)

I was wanting a Lance Ockenden necker but not seen any for sale on his site http://www.driftwoodwalker.co.uk/NECKER.htm (no connection)

Last edited:

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Two of these in Focus's closing down sale:

stanleyworkcentre1.jpg

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
OK went out for a walk on Cannock chase, via Burton and Springfields :)

the walk was great and relaxing, now the purchases were a bit of retail therapy :)

Mora Bushcraft Force knife (to try and see what they are like)
new pair of 1000mile mil socks (needed for work) ( my excuse)
some after bite (if i forget the mosi/midge repellant)
mini mist handy size insect repellant ( small ticket pocket size, going to try it out for work)

Other recent purchases have been:

EMT scissors (broke my last pair and needed a new set for my team medic kit)
2 CAT toriquets ( had 2 needed 2 more)
A Rapid boy Krydex clipper sheath set (works a treat, many thanks)
A cheap wool blanket (to try a few blanket tricks out with cause I did not want to wreck my £200 wool whelsh blanket (mum would kill me) :)
some cling-ons for my tarps (got them cheap at Clas Olson (love this store)all we need is a xxxl at merry hill:) )
a cheap 4 Gb music palyer for when out and about (I hate I-Pods but that just me)

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Just over a week ago before a week's backpacking I got a powermonkeyexplorer. Didn't realise it takes 3.5 hours to re-charge a smart phone and uses a full charge too. Plus it came up with a warning before fully re-charging it. Not sure it was worth the £60 but its a new toy so will do something with it.

Also Rab storm bivvy.

Esbit for my first ever esbit stove.

new trail shoes (20% off couldn't resist).

tiny alky gel bottle to go with trowel and tissues and lighter (need I say more?).

8 and 20 litre sea to summit UL sil-nylon drybags (20% off too).

Bacon and fried potatoes dehydrated travellunch (ReiterIIRC) breakie - not worth it and taste goddamn awful.

CHocolate mouse dehysrated from Reiter - mmm! Had me bouncing off the walls though so suspicious as to what is in there. Got to try the vanilla pud some time, hope it has the same affect!! :D

Thinking of a MLD trailstar after reading a Colin Innottson review of it in which he raved about it.

Also thinking of raidng BPL-UK again. Why does Bob have such an alladins cave of goodies? Evernew stuff is in as is the hip flask I think!! :D

mrcairney

Settler
Jun 4, 2011
West Pennine Moors
I bought I svord peasant. I'm going to have a go and making some custom scales out of a nicer wood. Then I'm considering asking one of the makers to make a little leather horizontal belt sheath. I'm off to post loads of annoying questions in the DIY section now...

The Big Lebowski

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
get some pictures up when it's done mate! I love seeing the cheaper axes being worked on.

Well, its taken me a fortnight, here and there... bits and bobs, sanding and stropping. My new addition/purchase and worth every penny!

My husqvarna hatchet feel's heavy and cumbersome now :p

a13h1t.jpg

Hair popping'ly shaving sharpy...

neetxd.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE