What did you buy today?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Having missed out on a Maxpedition wallet in the Gift It On thread (not that Wildthing would have let it go anyway since he saw it second) I took myself off to a bootfair today for some retail therapy. And I got myself a Quicksilver wallet brand new for €1. That's about 80p in UK flavoured cash. Reesult I thought. It's nice enough for what I wanted.

I also got 5 DVDs for €10 including Charlton Heston in the film version of Jack London's Call of the Wild.
A sweet little drawknife that's destined for a little woods kit that I'm compiling.
And a few other items that had to be sneaked past SWMBO and squirraled away, before I got the "MORE KIT?" lecture.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
All from Alpkit: -

Titanium myti-cup
Titanium stakes
Pass the pigs funny dice game.

All are for the big kid in me sleeping out. Including the pigs game. A good game for some isolated pubs where you spend the night with the locals looking at you with a mixture of mis-trust and "I'm gonna kill you" looks. Get drunk, shout loudly and play this game whilst arguing over every land of the pigs. Revenge for being made as welcome as a fart in a mini-submarine.First to 201, then 301 then 401 and so on until you get kicked out.

I hate to list al the stuff I have bought in the last month but I know it has equalled close to 500 quid this past month then in April it was about the same. I need to save up but I have a feeling a builder's fee, a car expense and an MLD trailstar could stop me saving up. :D

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Nearly forgot I also bought on Friday afternoon an expander locking mech for a mountainking trekking pole. The above things were purchased about 11:56pm on Thursday and came about 10am today. Not too bad for a Royal Mail delivery.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Ok we didn't buy it today but a couple of weeks ago . At first glance it doesn't look very bushcrafty with it being ORANGE !!!!!! but when the kids are off on summer holidays we are going to take it over to the west coast of Scotland , throw in the tipi and head off to find some isolated beaches or islands to camp on .
015om.jpg

We have been exploring some of the islands in the firth of forth and are planning to go camping on one of them over the holidays .

Craig...........

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Oh my god, I am Sooooooo jealous.. Would love a RIB to do exactly that!

Enjoy.

Oh, ordered an extension for my vango Icarus family tent after the rain on Saturday....

KP

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
In my case it's "What did I buy yesterday and today!".

Yesterday I bought a rather splendid excellent value army Arctic sleeping bag.

Today I bought a DD 3 x 3 camo tarp.

Guess what I'll be doing soon?

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
5 meters of 3 layer seam tape for the bivi..

having my own boat to explore islands sounds like the coolest thing imaginable! you do know you are know a pirate bojit? :pirate:

cbr6fs

Native
Mar 30, 2011
Athens, Greece
Actually yesterday, but my Zebralight SC600 arrived.

750 lumens and smaller than a Mini-maglie, that'll do me.

IMG_9000.jpg

This thing is mega bright, my new current fave light.

Size comparison to some of my others.

IMG_9005.jpg

nodd

Nomad
May 12, 2004
liverpool
I just bought a Moleskine 18 month weekly notebook Diary/Planner (guaranteed never to run out of batteries or crash) Just think Moleskine note books are great;could be seen to be a tad expensive but ooze quality.
the usual no links to the company.

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
I bought a new landing net - but it has to go back! when I was looking it over after getting it home I discovered it was full of holes :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE